46 | drowned blood

WARNING: SEXUAL CONTENT

PREVIOUSLY ON DROWNED BLOOD

"We have to find the gun,"
Augusto said to no one in particular taking a deep breath as if the next words that were going to come out of his mouth were going to shock us more.

"And I may or may not know who can help us."

_____

Today I learned every cell in your body changes every seven years. How lovely it is to know that today is the day I have a body that you've never touched or left a mark behind.

Today would be officially seven years the day I took your life. I thought to myself as I stood in front of the French-like window glancing down from the hotel room.

In the very end, they wanted to hurt him, but I didn't let it happen. They wanted me, and he didn't let it happen either.

Funny how life changed, how things you never wanted or dreamed of fixed themselves into life.

Not one day passes that I regret not having learned his name sooner. Not have seen his face much earlier in life, but I wasn't ready-

I was broken and lost and perhaps that's why I hadn't met him sooner because maybe it would be the typical right person, wrong time.

Hearing his footsteps, I turned around seeing the double doors to our room open and his walk-in folding his sleeves revealing his strong arms covered in tattoos.

Walking up to him he looked down as we just stared at each other letting the other see everything, vulnerability, weakness, the once very high guards.  

After our talk in the main hall, all of us retreated to our rooms.

The Russo's decided to stay in Milan for some time as well arranging flights for their wives to come here and comfort their children.

Without having to utter a word I knew from the open look he was showing me what he needed.

His guards were down so down that everything was open to me. Those guards were never going to go up again.

"I-" Enzo started dropping slowly to the floor. His knees hitting the floor first following his hands, yet his head was up, still not breaking eye contact as if everything would disappear then.

"I need you to distract me... please." For the first time, I saw him beg for something he could easily have.

I didn't like it one bit. I imagined enjoying him begging for something like he had made me do countless times during sex, but I hated it. I hated seeing him like this, it destroyed me which I would never reveal to him.