45 | drowned blood

PREVIOUSLY ON DROWNED BLOOD

"Well, I see you guys found out then."
He spoke his smirk almost resembling one of a man who slaughtered a full house of people and enjoyed every second of it.

____

Antonio's betrayal first came to me in a dream created by the demon as a warning before it was strong enough to speak to me.

The demon was big, dark with spikes, eyes as green as his very own and a mouth full of white bloody teeth as if he swallowed someone whole.

Everything about him seemed innocent, friendly, sweet at first but once he opened his mouth and uttered the words.

"The man who once picked you up was the one who was going to lay you back down onto the ground."

His whole face twisted up and turned into something horrifying. A picture that was hard to ever erase from my mind.

It was strong and life-threatening as if my heart was about to stop in the dream and eventually in the real world.

As if when I opened my eyes, it would stop talking and I wouldn't know much about the near future at the same time if I kept looking at that figure I was going to be afraid to ever have a dream in my life.

I yet opened them and finally understood what I had seen in his eyes five years ago. The darkness and the secrete truth behind them.

I stood up that night and walked down the halls touching every surface with my right hand making sure I was awake and not still dreaming while my left was clasped over the sating velvet rope I wore.

The suspicion had begun that night and that was when I realized why he did what he did.

I broke in instant walking over to his office and seeing him work behind his desk while I watched him if only for one minute behind the slightly open door.

My insides were shattering as I watched him do what he normally did, but to me, it seemed as if even the daily thing were hidden messages to betray us.

He may have never been as close to me as he was to Enzo, but I had viewed him as my guardian, I valued him much more than he had deserved.

He wanted everyone gone and wanted to be left behind in this world alone.

He believed loving someone, having someone close to you would be a weakness.

So, he decided to close everything up in his life with a locket and a missing key.

From the very beginning, it was never about me being treated by the Mexicans, it was never about wanting to catch Enzo, it was never about wanting to rule the underground.

There was only one time I cried and that was when my cousin had left us but, at that moment, I could have almost let a tear slide down my cheek.

And while walking back to Enzo and my room and snuggling into his warmth I knew in order to know if my suspicion was true, I had to do something drastic.