Happy Valentine's Day!

Start from the beginning

"fischl." i waved her over.

"hello, dear razor. what may i do for you today?" she put her hand on her hip and and smiled cockily. i have a feeling she already knows what im gonna ask.

"can you help me set up?  after school? you know, for-" she cut me off.

"yes, yes, i recall. for 'operation: two oblivious idiots get together for a romantic evening,' right? of course, i'll be glad to help. let's meet at 4 under the tree." and with that she turned on her foot and swished away, leaving me alone in the middle of the halls.

alright, things might not be completely fucked. 

i eagerly waited for the last bell to ring. i had all my books packed and my bag in my hands. the moment it rang, i bolted out of school and ran home. at home, i picked up bennett's gifts, and a bag full of basic picnic-like things. some blankets, pillows, and a bunch of snacks. i know, simple, but simple is what i needed in order to not freak out. with my backpack of items and my bag of valentines gifts, i rushed to the park.

there, as i picked a nice flat spot to lay the sheets, i heard fischl approach from the tree. she was looking for me.

"razor? razor, where are you?" her eyes darted around until she found me. "there you are! you sure chose a private area. nice job." she was carrying two bags in her hands. i wonder what she brought.

"thanks for your help." i smiled and took the bags from her hands, placing them down on the sheet.

"it's no problem at all. i just want to see my two friends happy, is all. now lets begin, shall we?"

i stepped back to admire our work. i say 'our,' but it was really fischl who brought all this together. she had predicted that i had brought plain blankets and sheets, so she suggested we lay them on top of each other as a sort of cushion, then lay the one she brought on top. it was big, soft, and burgundy red, with little white hearts sprinkled across. i never would have thought that she owned something in a color other than purple, but here we are. on top of the plush blanket were a few pillows, all super fluffy and comfy. fischl bought rose petals in pink, white, and red, and tossed them all around. fairy lights hung up on the surrounding trees and bushes, adding a soft warm ambience to the place. she bought small candles, little fake ones, and placed them accordingly, along with real candles that she lit. pink and white balloons bunched up in a corner, tied down to a rock.

and if that wasn't already enough, she brought more snacks with her. hershey's kisses, strawberries, watermelon gummies, and red velvet cupcakes were all on several plates. i brought a cute picnic basket and inside i packed lemonade, sandwiches, cookies, and a box of chocolates, all homemade by me. inside was also my gift for bennett. next to the basket sat my laptop, ready with pirated movies and tv shows.

"wow," i said. "fischl you are amazing! i never know you were so good with stuff like this."

she laughed confidently, placing her hand on her cheek. "yes, well, its not often i get to decorate like this. but, alas, look at the time! 5:46 and we aren't even done yet!"

"huh? what do you mean, this look perfect!"

"yes, but you? you don't. go to the bathroom and change into this." she shoved her other bag into my hand, turned me around, and pushed me.

when i walked past the bathroom mirror, i saw what fischl meant. i didn't look bad, but i was so worried about the picnic that i forgot to dress myself up. after changing in the stall, i looked into the mirror and grinned. fischl was a genius.

under an oversized black t-shirt, i wore a black and white striped long sleeve turtleneck. per the instructions fischl left in the bag, i tucked the shirts into gray ripped jeans. i kept my beat up converse, and wore a black belt with chains connecting to it. she provided a little bag with a couple rings and necklaces. lastly, i tied a thin flannel to my waist. i stuffed my clothes into the backpack and left to meet fischl.