chapter 5: i want to talk to you too.

back to bouken da bouken
art credit goes to mirakuru_milk on twitter!

bennett paced around his room, wringing his hands. after he got home, he ran to his room and called fischl for help. he really wanted to talk to razor, but he had no idea how to. so he settled with a simple text.

"calm thyself! i can hear your footsteps from here!"

fischl was still on call with him, waiting for razor's response. bennett was too nervous to wait alone. he didn't want his bad luck getting in the way again.

bloop! (bruh idek)

just as bennett sat down, he heard a notification from his phone. he jumped onto his bed and hastily snatched his phone from its charging port.

"oh mY ARCHONS FISCH I GOTTA GO HE TEXTED BACK SEE YA TOMORROW!!!"

"wait, benny don't-" fischl's words cut off as bennett hung up, eager to open the message from razor.

razor: hi bennett! (°▽°)★彡 what are you up to ^o^?

hoLY FUCKING FUCK HE- bennett let out a small yelp while rolling around his bed. he uses those cute little japanese emoticons. im gonna die how is he so cute wtf this should be illegal.

bennett composed himself before answering.

bennett: nothin much, just doin some hw. hbu?????

razor: just resting. im sorry for interrupting you, i can leave so you can finish your hw (^^)

bennett: NOO
bennett: i mean-
bennett: im almost done and i wanna talk to u

bennett screamed into his pillow. GREAT JOB BENNY HE PROBABLY THINKS YOURE A CREEP NOW.

bloop!

razor: i want to talk to you too.

at that moment, albedo and kaeya, who were cuddling on the couch, heard their son shout in excitement.

————————————————————————

bennett eagerly rushed to school the next morning. sure, he forgot his jacket, some books, his lunch, and he almost got run over a couple of times but it was all worth it. because last night, he and razor agreed to eat lunch together. in fact, he and razor talked to each other almost all night.

bennett was in a good mood, and nothing was gonna damper it. not even the cat that fell out of a tree and scratched him.

he arrived at school and greeted fischl, who was clearly upset. she tapped her foot in annoyance, arms crossed. she glared at bennett.

"goooooooddd morning to my very bestest friend fischl! today is gonna be a great day, don't you think?" bennett grinned at his 'very bestest friend fischl.' he couldn't see how pissed she was.

"indeed, what a good morning." fischl was just getting started on a lengthy rant. "it appears you have already forgotten about how you so rudely hung up on me AND cut me off. you better have an explanation for this, bennett." she looked up at bennett, expecting an apology.

bennett gulped, "sorry, fischl. i- okay so what happened was that razor texted me and i freaked out and i hung up without thinking and im so so sorry! forgive me?" bennett flashed his signature heart melting smile.

"uGhh finE!" bennett's smile worked on most everyone. "so. what happened?" fischl raised an eyebrow.

bennett blushed a bit, barely visible, but fischl noticed. "alright sooo... we talked to each other until, like, 1 in the morning. and we agreed to eat lunch together, so i'll have to leave you again today. im super excited though!" the boy was beaming as he talked.

"i can eat with aether and lumine. but woahh, going on a lunch date? already? seems like loverboy found his confidence." she smirked. she also noticed a certain silver haired boy walk into jean's classroom. "speaking of loverboy, why don't you go greet him?"

bennett's subtle blush was replaced with a burning red. he whisper-shouted, "WHAT OH SHIT I TOTALLY FORGOT WE HAD CLASS TOGETHER!! FISCHL WHAT DO I-" fischl just whispered, "good luck!" and pushed benny towards his crush's direction.

"GAAAGHJJF-" he stumbled forward and nearly fell, but razor caught him, straightening him back up. he gently smiled.

"morning, bennett," his red eyes warmly looked at bennett. he stared back, now blushing even more.

uGh fischl is gonna pay for that i swear to god, benny thought and stood straight up, feeling the light touch of razor's hand on his shoulder. "uhhh- hey razor! good morning! sorry for that," bennett sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. the two walked to their seats together.

"no problem. are you okay?"

"i am now," bennett said without thinking, oblivious to razor's faint pink cheeks. he soon realized what he was implying. "I-I MEAN- I MEAN YEAH I AM THANKS HOW ABOUT YOU????"

"am okay. excited for lunch."

bennett noticed that razor talked very little, and that his sentences were short, choppy, and simple. he also noticed a slight accent in his voice. bennett didn't mind at all; in fact, he found this to be extremely adorable. he made a mental note to ask him about it later. he bit his cheek, trying to hide his smile at the thought of lunch.

"awesome! im super excited about it too!" bennett once again beamed his blinding smile, successfully accelerating razor's heart without even noticing.

razor hid his colored cheeks with his hair and tried to calm himself down. he fiddled with his pencil. "so... uhm i- uh-"

razor didn't finish his sentence. he was interrupted by ms. jean's commanding voice.

"boys? is everything all right back there? if so, i'd appreciate if you payed attention up here, and hold your personal conversations until after class."

jean wasn't a mean teacher by any means, but she demanded respect and set high expectations for her students. she didn't want them to be distracted.

bennett and razor nodded; bennett quickly looked away, embarrassed, and razor sank in his seat, bright red.

each got back into their notes, all the while stealing not so subtle glances at each other.

heYo another chapter! updates may be a little slow from now on bc i have school and all that fun stuff but i will definitely upload when i can. comment and vote and share! and ofc if you have any suggestions please let me know!

also writing dialogue is hard wtf i suckK

also tHANK YOU FOR READING AND FOR ALL THE COMMENTS AND VOTES AND READS!!!! I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH!!! <333
-b