Happy Valentine's Day!

art credit goes to @enihnguem on twitter
(razor pov bc wolf boi go awooo)

"hoo... alright. you can do this. you. can. do. this." my steps echoed around my small space as i tried to stay calm, breathing in and out.

today is valentine's day. for people who have a partner, that typically means some lots of chocolate, an overdose of red hearts, and a good amount of cuddling. for me, it's the day i confess to my best friend, bennett. i met bennett a couple weeks after school started and have become great friends ever since. he even introduced me to his friends, so now i'm also buddies with fischl and barbara, among others. i realized then my feelings for bennett, when i befriended others. i liked my new friends, but bennett? he was different.

where to even begin? bennett makes my heart pound. he makes all the pain go away with one smile. and when it comes back, i know i can rely on him to support me. he's the only person who can make me flustered and red, the only person who can make me lose composure. bennett makes me a better version of myself. he makes me be proud of myself and he makes me feel strong and confident. he occupies my thoughts all day, every day. he says he's unlucky, but he's the best thing to ever happen to me.

and i haven't even started on his adorable looks!

i stopped the alarm that was blaring from my phone. i had already been awake for hours. there was no way i could sleep with all the butterflies in my stomach.

i quadruple checked a basket of goodies i had on my bed. everything i was gonna give to bennett. my plan for today was simple: invite bennett out to windrise park, go through the school day without messing anything up, and leave early to set things up. then, when bennett arrives, confess my feelings to him under the venessa tree, ask him to be my boyfriend, and (hopefully) if he accepts, we watch the sunset together after i give him his gift. perfect plan. what could go wrong??

———————————————————————-

everything. apparently, everything could go wrong. case in point, how am i gonna get all my preparations in time?? there's no way my perfect plan already has a huge hole in it.

the biggest hole?? bennett isn't here today.

fuck. my. life.

i tracked down fischl to find out about bennett, but she just said that she didn't know. i asked barbara, another one of benny's friends, but no luck there. i asked diluc, i asked noelle, i asked the twins, but nothing! no one knew what was up with bennett. i decided to do the impossible.

text bennett.

me: are you alright benny? why aren't you at school? (◞‸◟)

benny <3: hi razor!!! sorry my dad fell ill so im taking care of him. my papa kaeya had to go to work so he left me in charge. thanks for asking!!!

benny <3: were you worried?? 🙊🙊

me: maybe a little. i wanted to invite you to come to windrise. hang out and chill. but your dad needs you so lets meet up another day, okay? (o^^o)

benny<3: noo i'll go! my dad is sleeping still and papa gets off early today so i won't even have to worry about anymore. tonight at 6, right?

me: well if you sure. yes. see you soon. hope your dad gets better.

benny <3: see you razor! thank you!

at least benny is okay, but it's a shame about his dad though.

but now i know that bennett is gonna come, which means that i have to worry about the preparations. how am i supposed to do this? it's almost lunchtime, so maybe i can ask fischl for help. although, it is kind of hard to understand her, especially without bennett to translate...