chapter 1: he was beautiful

"bennett! bennett, wake up, you don't want to be late again, you?" bennett awoke to his father calling him from the kitchen. he groaned and rolled over. he hated mornings, as any reasonable teenager would.

great. another day of school, another day of bad luck, bennett thought to himself. he reached out, blindly searching for his phone.

8:27, the screen read. oh shit! not again! the blonde teen shot up, suddenly awake. he threw his blankets off him, shuffling over to his closet and throwing on whatever was easiest. he pulled on a coffee colored hoodie, embroidered with the sentence: Team Work Makes the Dream Work! he jumped into some dark blue jeans, and hastily put on socks and sneakers.

bennett ran to the bathroom and took care of any business he had; brushing his teeth, washing his face, using the toilet. he ran back into his room, grabbed his bag and phone, glancing at it to check the time.

8:36.

bennett practically fell into the kitchen, and yoinked whatever he could find to eat, finding his dad eating a piece of cake.

"well, look who's finally up," said the platinum blonde haired man who was his father. some said that bennett shared somewhat of a resemblance to him, with his blonde locks and fair skin. they'd ask about his mom, wanting to see how bennett compares to her. but he didn't have a mom, nor did he need one. his dads were all he could ever ask for and more. bennett obviously knew he was not their biological son, but bennett didn't care. they took care of him and loved him, so as far as he's concerned, they are his family.

"dad! why didn't you wake me up earlier, im gonna be late, AGAIN!" the boy shoved a muffin into his bag.

"because i also just woke up," albedo said coolly, "i spent more time than expected researching last night. i told your father to wake you but you know how he is." albedo was a scientist and artist, and probably the smartest person bennett knew. you name it and chances are albedo knows at least a bit about it.

"yeahh i guess so.." bennett sighed thinking of his papa, kaeya, a tall, navy haired, detective. he was much more easygoing than albedo, so it was no surprise that he wasn't up yet. "i gotta go now, dad. see you in a bit!"

bennett grinned at his father, returning the small smile plastered on the scientist's face, and ran out the front door.

bennett walked to school, and it usually took him about 15-20 minutes. this time, though, he sprinted, arriving there in a mere 10 minutes. he stopped for a second to catch his breath, and then continued at a slower pace while rummaging around for the food he had hastily stuffed in his bag.

...or so he thought.

gahh!! where the hell is it?! i could've sworn i put it in here- bennett suddenly stopped, and then slapped his palm on his forehead. fuck. it fell out on the run here. why am i not surprised? stupid, stupid, stupid.

his stomach had the audacity to rumble, and he just frowned in response. he wasn't getting any food until later, at noon.

by now, bennett had arrived at his first period class, about 30 minutes late. he opened the door to reveal a class full of kids, and a tall, slender, and, to be quite honest, beautiful woman with blonde hair up in a ponytail. her icy blue eyes didn't even look away from the board as she greeted bennett.

"good morning, bennett."

"morning, miss jean..." bennett replied in a low voice, still shy even after having been in this exact situation plenty of times before.

"well, don't just stand there," jean looked up, "go on, sit down, we're on page 148." she nodded her head towards an empty seat in the back, next to a boy bennett had never even noticed before.

bennett obliged, shuffling his way to the back. he caught the boy's eyes on him for a second. as he sat down, bennett stole another glance at his desk mate.

there was no other way to describe him but untamed. his long grey hair stuck up all over the place, soft and fluffy looking. he was wearing a dark green jacket, with the hood up, over a grey shirt. his black jeans were very ripped and worn out, not by design, but by wear. his black converse were old and dirty, clearly having been put through good use. it was his face that captivated bennett, though.

his skin was pale, almost translucent. he had a scar below his cheekbone down to his sculpted jaw. his eyes were red and fierce, like a wolf's, and he had deep eye bags. his brows were strong and naturally down in a intimidating way. his nose was long and sharp and a natural blush covered his cheeks and nose. his lips were thin, pink, and slightly parted.

he was beautiful.

the wolf-like boy caught bennett staring and raised an eyebrow. bennett blushed and quickly turned away, giving himself whiplash in the process. he silently cursed and concentrated on the lecture, all while trying to ignore the handsome person next to him.

the red-eyed boy continued to stare at him for the rest of class.

thank you for reading this first chapter! if you spot any mistakes, or have constructive criticism, please tell me! hope you all have a great day/night!
-b