Chapter Five (Who the hell are you?)

Hello Loves!

Just a quick reminder I use italics for speaking in different languages, I don't like to use translations because it's not always accurate. I also pull my knowledge and inspiration for my fiction from the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Marvel Comics, so please keep that in mind when you read any of my work.

A B-I-G Thank you to Jesse_Winter_Soldier as always for being a truly amazing person!

-Sif

Saturday morning

Bucky watched carefully as she made her way through the early morning market, she smiled politely and spoke kindly to everyone she passed by.

She was wearing a simple sage green sundress, a cream cardigan with brown sandals, and a messenger bag on her shoulder. Her natural red hair was falling freely around her shoulders, her sapphire eyes shining brightly.

She ducked into Elena's little booth, thanks to his super-soldier hearing he was privy to their conversation.

"Good morning Rori!", Mrs. Elena smiled.

He smiled at Elena saying her name.

"Good morning, Elena!", Rori picked up a fresh peach bringing it to her nose. "How are you this fine morning?"

"Very well my dear, how did your blueberry preserves turn out?", Mrs. Elena asked the younger woman with interest.

Rori's head popped up quickly, she sat down the peach she was smelling on the counter and began digging through her bag. Pulling out a small glass jar of purple preserves, she placed the jar carefully into Elena's hands.

Elena smiled, "Oh thank you! How thoughtful!" She squeezed Rori's hand gently.

Rori smiled, not just any smile, it was a sweet smile that reached her eyes. "Oh no, thank you for all your help. My cooking skills have greatly improved since moving here."

The two women chatted back and forth about jellies and homemade bread.

Rori placed several peaches and some plums up onto the counter. "Has Jamie been in yet?", she asked casually, digging in her bag.

The elderly woman shook her head, "Not yet, rather unusual for him. He comes very early; I don't think he likes crowds."

Bucky smiled and she was right, he didn't like crowds.

Rori hummed, chewing on her soft pink bottom lip, "How well do you know him? Jamie?"

Bucky's smile started to fade.

Elena bagged the fruit up, "He started coming around about six-seven months ago, a very nice young man, quiet, keeps to himself." She accepted the money from Rori, handing the bag over. "Why do you ask?"

Rori smiled while taking the bag, "No particular reason really, just curious."

Elena nodded, "He's a good boy that one."

Rori nodded her head, tucking a piece of red hair behind her ear. "I do not doubt that Jame-Jamie is a good man."

Bucky's eyes widened at her near mistake, James...

___________________________________________

Rori walked down the sidewalk towards her apartment, the further she got from the market the more she felt like she was being followed. Pausing for a moment she glanced around taking in her surroundings, shaking her head. Deciding she was being paranoid she continued home.