Chapter 8: The Email

Start from the beginning

My eyes widen, even though I couldn't back up I tried, stunned by his offer. "No- no, I'll pay for it." Liam opened his mouth to reply but he just kept quiet. Then he went to his seat and sat back smirking.

"Whatever you want." I composed myself and nodded, leaving the first chance I got.

-

-

-

I made my way to pick up the coffees in Liam's expensive car, I took my time just incase something bad was going to happen to his precious car. By the time I got to the closest Starbucks around the busy part of the city, let's just say that the line was practically outside.

Yes, the line was outside. All I did was follow his instruction to this Starbucks and this is what I get! I got out the car to go and line up. Personal assistant my ass, but there's no quitting, I wouldn't even try to quit without seeing the pay cheque for this job.

The line moved very slowly that I was counting the milliseconds as well. Once I was actually in the Starbucks, it was packed. No seated were available. Business people on their laptop with coffee, reading newspapers and books or just typing on their mobile phone.

I could feel a pair of eyes on me from somewhere at the front. I scanned the place to see a cashier on the phone staring right at me. His mouth moves and then the phone was put down. The cashier waved me over but I value my place in the line more.

Looking around for a while, before turning to the blond who was keen on getting my attention. But there was two pairs of coffee on the counter, he was actually gesturing to the coffee. He tried again, so I abandoned my spot and walked up to him. "These are your order."

I looked down to see both Liam and Cameron written roughly on each cup, and I knew that was my order. "How much would that be?"

"No need ma'am its already been paid for-"

"Here's the third cup." Another cashier piped in handing it to the guy she interrupted. The guy that was serving me put all three cups in a cup holder.

"Excuse me, that cup is not of my order." I told him immediately. He asked me if that was my name of it, and I said it's my name but... never mind. There was a sticky not on it saying: thank you signed by Liam.

I collected my order and was on my way out. I made it back to the building that said Douglas Inc. Big enough for anyone to see it miles away. So, when I passed the lobby I was wondering where Jennifer went. It was only 10:15 in the morning and the first floor was busy at my arrival.

Well I went on and proceeded to my boss's office, knocking then entering. What I saw was odd, Jennifer was sitting with a leg crossed over the other in a chair that was next to Liam's. To be precise they were reviewing a sheet... together.

I guess I chose the wrong time to enter. They both looked up as I approached his desk holding the coffee holder containing his and Cameron's Starbucks coffee. "Your back just in time." He said.

"Here you go, sir," I set his and mine on the table for him. "They were already paid for." My voice said plainly.

"Sandra? That's your cup of coffee." Liam told me like its obvious, on his poker face manner.

I took it off the desk, "I don't drink coffee." I said pathetically, I glance at Jennifer sitting on the right of Liam, who was doing the same. "Perhaps you should have it." Handing it to her, she looked at me with utter shock written on her face.

"I-I- well... thank you?" She said looking at the note on it, but really she was unsure of the offer.

"Now if you excuse me, Cameron's coffee." With that I exit out of there before you could pronounce the first letter of your name. I breathed out when I was in the hallway. What is wrong with you Sandra! Why the heck am I feeling upset? I shouldn't be, I'm nice and good.

Okay, I gave Cameron his coffee, hoping it was still hot. He on the other hand was pacing up and down his huge office. I took a seat on the chair facing his desk, and took off my coat. I ignored his pacing and pulled the things-to-do list. "You don't mind me staying here do you?"

Cameron stopped and turned to me. "Nah, shortcake, I don't." Really, I thought shortcake, he can do better than that. I did the next thing on the list: Make 100 copies of five different sheets. God help me. I delivered them to Liam, who was still working with Jennifer on something.

Then delivering weeks worth of mail, to different people who couldn't be bothered to get it. Write a email in the name of Liam to a Grey House. "I can't seem to know how to start- heck, I don't even know what a Grey House is." I nagged Cameron trying to type something- anything on the brand knew Apple laptop he gave me to start the letter writing on.

"The Grey House is a official meeting place for successful CEO's within New York, there are a several more spread around the US." Keen on knowing what the purpose is, he held up a hand. "What they do? They discuss future business plans if necessary or joining businesses in case bankruptcy occurs."

"That's a speech you got there." He shrugged and typed away. So I spend a lot of time trying to write and perfect my last task for the day, I think. It wasn't just write whatever you can- no, you need inside knowledge.

Dear Grey House Members,

I Sandra Adele Rosé, am writing on behalf of Liam Douglas CEO of The Douglas Industry Inc, to promote myself as his personal assistant. I am delighted to be writing to inform you that Mr. Douglas is organising a private business meeting to discuss the issue of future plans.

This meeting is being held at the Douglas building. Even though I am not familiar with your names, Mr. Douglas is expecting- no rather demanding for your presents in weeks to come.

If this is a inconvenient notic, please I insisted you report directly to me for my error, I am not willing to give this new job up just yet.

Thank you for your time,

Sandra Adele Rosé on behalf of Liam Douglas.

"Woah that's a good piece of writing, although I suggest you cut down the humour, these people are tough shell." Cameron said pointing at the copied version I send him to read. "You really shouldn't mess with these people." He warned warily.

I waved him off, "Oh, come on what could seriously go wrong?" I joked, I'm sure it couldn't be that bad. With that I clicked the send button, addressing it to the Grey House.