Chapter 35 - The Time We Fell

En başından başla

"Tell his birds to not rest on paintings."

Midoriya perked a brow.

Katsuki clicked his tongue, "his damned birds know," he groused.

Before Midoriya could respond, the echo of Hina opening the car door halted his voice.

"What happened?" She asked.

Both turned around, comically wearing the same passive expression.

Neither hero wanted to worry her more than necessary.

"Nothing," Midoriya said, waving his arms in front of him. He walked up to her, turning her around by holding her shoulders and directed her to the entrance with a gentle push. "I was just being a bit paranoid."

She knew it was much more than either hero was letting on, but she decided against inquiring. She didn't want to cause trouble. Especially after Katsuki's successful recovery. She let herself in with the spare key she had, and went straight to the kitchen.

"What would you like to drink?" She asked the two.

Katsuki dragged his feet to the sofa, and slumped on the side that had his back facing the kitchen. "I ain't having anything. I'm stuffed from the shit in the morning."

Hina giggled, filling out a glass of water when she felt the disgust channeling through their empathy link. His doctor truly was a menace when it came to eating his final meal filled with 'nutritious portions' when it was just a large serving of bland porridge.

Midoriya was still loitering at the door, his eyes soft and grateful. "I should be heading out," He said apologetically.

"Yeh you better, Deku!" Katsuki grumbled, leaning his head back on the sofa.

Hina growled softly, surprising Midoriya and angering Katsuki.

He whipped his head to face Hina, his own gnarl making Midoriya flinch, "The nerd can do whatever he wants! He's busy as hell."

She continued to glare at his head, and then harrumphed while moving her head to the side.

Katsuki clicked his tongue, "If ya wanna stay, feel free." He grumbled to the true beta, his brows furrowed as he rested against a pillow he made as a makeshift headrest.

What Midoriya didn't understand was that Hina's pheromones were raging in the room. Spicy cinnamon and bitter coffee announcing her distaste for Katsuki's angry disposition. Not to mention the flood of her disappointment overtaking the empathy link.

And poor Katsuki didn't know how to process the overload of her emotions that he succumbed to her whim. Especially knowing that when he was captive, Hina got the brunt of the empathy link, he thought letting her have her way for little things such as these, was the least he could do.

When Hina felt his self-doubt darken, felt the self-deprecation berating in his consciousness, she relaxed her clenched fist, her thoughts circling as she tried to pinpoint what could've triggered him.

Midoriya watched the two stare at each other, and after a few seconds realized something to do with their empathy link caused them to go silent so suddenly.

"Imma head out, I've got a lot of work to do with the captured NVA members." He said hesitantly, "I'll give you regular updates, Kacchan."

Katsuki broke the tether from Hina's eye contact and met Midoriya's briefly. "You better," He said deeply, slightly angrily too. "I don't want a single detail kept from me."

Midoriya smiled. "Of course, Kacchan." He faced Hina, giving her a beam as well. "I'll see you soon, Tanaka-san. Take care."

Hina returned a smile, "Of course Deku-san. Bye,"