Wattpad Original
There are 13 more free parts

together

adverb ~ with proximity to another person; into companionship

The masked man just killed Nox... But why?

He bent down, prying the chain from Nox's death grip. He eyed it harshly, as though it carried a million burdens. With a frown, he threw it. It landed beside me in the snow, sinking half-way down with its weight.

"I don't understand." I whispered, taking it into my own hands.

His jaw clenched, and he looked beyond me to the fighting. His posture was stiff, his eyes hard through the mask as he surveyed the area. I dared not to turn around, afraid of the bloodshed that was going on behind me.

As my breathing steadied, the sounds of snarling filled the air. I tuned into Phoenix once more, seeking his enraged heart rate and snarls of terror. I was sure looking at him would cause more fear that probably needed. Although my mate, I had never seen Phoenix lose control, and Charlie warned me it wasn't a pretty sight. I'm sure mountains would bend to his will, going by what Charlie had told me in the past.

"Thank you..." I breathed.

His dark eyes turned back down to me. He licked his lips, nodding his head once. As I stared into his eyes, they met me with a strange sense of familiarity. Before, his hood had covered his face, shadowed his eyes through the mask. But now his hair runs free, brown tendrils of curls blowing in the wind.

So, to say it startled me when a voice intruded my mind was an understatement.

'Family has to stick together.'

My eyes widened, and I rose to my feet as he pulled the mask from his face. Cors stood before me, his face set in a firm line as he observed my reaction. His eyes narrowed down at me as I stumbled into the snow.

I had so many questions, so many thoughts running through my mind. The white wolf, my visions from his point of view where my mother died, ones of him attacking me with the shadowed figure... What did he mean by family? Phoenix said he could only speak through mind link to certain people. Was he my...?

Also, he was friends with King Alexandar and now working with the enemy?

"I don't..." I staggered.

'Your father did not deserve to die, Nova. I am righting my wrongs in this world.' His voice filtered through my mind. 'I will explain if I survive this, but you need to move.'

As if on cue, Master charged at him. He was covered in blood from his fair share of the battle, eyes red with fury. His long fingers wrapped around Cors' arm; he must've seen him kill Nox.

Move. I need to move.

My heart racing in my chest, I turned around to run. The snow's icy touch was nothing compared to the adrenaline running through my body. I needed to find somewhere, somewhere I can protect myself.

My ears adjusted to the loud sound of fighting as I searched for my mate. He was buried beneath a mountain of wolves. Still in human form, he threw them from his body. Some flew towards Charlie's wolf, who combined his fights to snap their necks mid-air, the others going to more warriors. I also caught sight of Leo and Aldren fighting off a rogue wolf.

A muffling met my ears. Someone was shouting close by.

I turned my head, still dazed, to find the source of the voice. Pollux stood to the side of the battlefield, his hair drenched with sweat, eyes wide and hands covered with blood. A few specks of blood coated his face, and I instinctively raised my hand to wipe them from his cheeks.

"Nova!" His voice cut through the numbness.

"Pollux."

He nodded, frowning with concern. "Yes, Nova, it's me. Come on, you need to move."