"If I'm involved with you, I think I have a right to know. You don't have to tell me everything, I just want to know why the relationship didn't work out." She said.

"I cheated and lied a lot." I mumbled.

"Obviously." She snorted. "Arianna and Alayshia are the same age. Armoni doesn't seem like she's one to give up so easily so what other reason did it not work?"

"I didn't want to change." I sighed. "At the moment I was cool with fucking other girls and doing whatever because I never really thought that Armoni would actually leave me. By the time I was ready to change it was too late." I admitted.

"But you're ready to change now?" She asked scoffing. "Armoni gave you four kids and she did everything for you. Y'all were together for almost ten years Jerome. Why would you not change for her?"

"I just wasn't ready." I sighed, tired of this conversation. Thankfully she dropped the subject and left to go shower. While she was in the shower, I checked on Arianna and Alayshia before calling Mike.

We hadn't really talked since he left for New York. He's been going through a lot and I'm trying to respect his space but I text him at least once a week just to check up on him. It's hard not having him here with me because we've been like brothers for almost fifteen years.

"Wassup my nigga." He said answering the phone.

"My nigga, how you been?" I asked him as I got a bottle of water out the refrigerator. I got some grapes out of the freezer before sitting down at the island.

"Stressing. You?" He asked.

"Same." I mumbled. "What's going on with you?" I asked. I haven't seen Andrea or the kids lately and that's not normal at all. Especially since our kids are so close.

"I haven't talked to Andrea or my damn kids since I've been here. Her silly ass ain't picking up the phone and when I call the kids phone, they don't answer either. I'm about to loose my fucking mind bruh." He vented making me sigh.

"Damn bro." I mumbled. Mike is a great father and he loves his kids to death. I just know it's eating him up inside to not be in contact with his kids.

"I won't be able to come down until Li's birthday party cause I'm booked with all of these damn meetings and practices." He sighed. "I wanna strangle Andrea right now man."

"I'll do it for you." I volunteered.

"Thanks Bruh." He laughed.

"If you want, I'll stop by the house and see if I can talk some sense into Andrea. I can see if she'll let me fly the kids up to see you this weekend." I told him.

"Thank you man." He sighed in relief. "I know I can always count on you. You may not be shit in some other areas but-"

"Fuck you Mike." I laughed, cutting him off.

"Nah, I'm just fooling." He chuckled. "So what's up with you? What you stressing about?" He asked.

"I finally visited Brandy today, it went good but seeing her brought back them feelings. I'm fucking with Ashlyn kinda heavy now and I'm honestly not trying to hurt nobody. I'm trying to do better but shit." I chuckled.

"I know what you mean boy." He laughed.

"Shit is tough man." I sighed.

"Like Armoni said, you're missing the love that your mother failed to give you when you needed it the most. And now you go around trying to fill that void with every female that shows you a little attention." Mike preached making me roll my eyes. Between him and Armoni I can't win for loosing.