Chapter 10

It had been a week since the last killing. His phone still was not ringing. The newspaper was no help. It mentioned only things he did not want to hear. He really just needed to get out and find his next victim. Good thing he had one planned.

This one was going to be harder. He was a family man. He had kids and a wife at home. This would not be as easy as before. But it would also be more fun. Who cares if the phone did not ring after this? He could just do it for fun. Even if the phone rang now, would he want to stop this?

It was time to go out and finish what he had started. If the phone rang now, he would answer it. He would listen to the offer. He might even take it, but he would definitely keep up the killing. He got too much of a rush that first night.

Ricky Cruz lived in a nice little town house in Winter Park. It was in the area that used to be a United States Navy training ground. It had two-stories and on the first floor stood one bedroom, a kitchen, a living room and half bathroom.

On the top floor were three bedrooms. One was the bedroom for the little girl. One was for the boy and the last one was the master bedroom, complete with a restroom and vanity mirror. Ricky and his wife slept up there. She was usually in bed by 10. She was a busy woman. He usually stayed up late and watched internet porn.

It was the only free time he could get away from the kids and wife. He loved them, but he needed time alone at night to think and to masturbate without everyone pulling at him. He was a very important man at work and just needed a little time to himself.

He did not think anything of staying up till one am playing with himself while the people he loved the most in the world were upstairs sleeping. That is why with his headphones and his attention on the screen and his penis, he did not hear the door open or even feel the figure behind him.

Ifhe had noticed anything, he did not act like it. He kept his eyes on the screen as two womentried to get one man off. It was nice tosee so much effort being put into what was going on. Before he knew it, something tight pulled athis neck and as he tried to pry it away he became panicked and fell to the floor. Soon everything turned dark and the lightswent off. His mind went blank and hedied on the floor with his pants around his ankles. Porn still playing through the headphones.