Chapter 2: Colony Allura

Start bij het begin

"Lift off procedure initiated! Lift off at ten! Nine! Eight! Seven! Six! Five! Four! Three! Two! One!"

The Macross slowly began to rise from the surface of Earth. Its mechanical legs escaping the water's surface and causing waves to reach high levels, but nothing that was too alarming as the city was built for this. The ship slowly ascended over the skyscrapers as it breached the skies.

"Macross Transformation sequence initiated!"

The ship slowly began to transform back into cruiser mode as the ship began to enter the upper atmosphere. As the darkness of space soon overtook the blue skies, everyone's chatter began to die down as the stars and other planets slowly came into view.

"We've now exited Earth's gravitational field." The Macross soon approached the Lunar Station, 37 ships of both Galran and Earth design floated around a colony vessel that rivaled the Macross in length.

"Admiral, the Captain of the IGF Megaroad is hailing us."

"Put 'em through," Max raised his cap as the screen in front of him changed to a comms channel. On the other side, an older looking gentleman sat on the other bridge, a smile written on his face.

"Nice to see the Macross finally join up with us! All 37 ships are ready to go on your orders!" The other captain spoke as he chuckled like an old man. Max shook his head with a laugh of his own.

"All ships, prepare to fold!" Max shouted as the helm officer laid in a course to a distant system.

"Course laid in, sir! All ships have received the designated coordinates. Minimal Fold Faults detected in our path of travel!"

"Very Good! All ships! Commence Fold Operations!" Max ordered as 39 massive swirling purple vortexes opened up, and 39 ships passed through them, disappearing as the Fold collapsed on itself.

----------------------------------------------------------------

5 Months later...

Max stared at the datapad that had been presented in front of him, then looked up at the orange, green and blue planet in front of him. He turned to the science officer that stood next to him.

"You think that this can do the trick?" Max asked, raising a skeptical eyebrow.

The science officer nodded, "yes sir, the atmospheric makeup is 93.4% identical to that of Earth's. While there are still a lot of differences in time and seasonal changes, I believe that this planet can sustain human and alien life."

"Have we determined if there are any... unfriendlies down there on the surface?" Max questioned.

The officer nodded again, "yes sir, we did a thorough planetary scan, no civilizations of any sorts are present anywhere on the surface."

Max stretched his limbs out as he yawned, "5 whole months, and we finally found a planet suitable for us... excellent! Prepare to survey a suitable location for landing. Helm, plot a course for the planet's surface and be prepared to drop when a location is discovered. Sanchez, send a Fold Message to the Galaxy Garrison. Let them know we have found a suitable location for the colony and are beginning to make landing preparations." The bridge officers nodded then went to work on their respective duties.

The IGF Megaroad landed on a vast plain while the Macross and several Galran and Earth ships landed nearby. The Macross found a suitable lake for the ship to float it, so it did so. For the next 16 Months, The citizens and military personnel began constructing a massive city around the massive lake around the Macross. Large Skyscrapers pierced into the skies, while shipyards were constructed at the ends of the colony, allowing for all ships to dock and deliver supplies, as well as the construction of entirely new ships. The Colony had grown to the size of Macross City itself, so much so it reminded Max too much of home. When the Colony had been built at a certain point, he declared that this first human colony was to be named after one of the fallen Paladins, Allura. Thus, Colony Allura had been born, and humanity's first interstellar settlement had been established.

Life was beautiful on the planet, albeit a bit unusual, as days were roughly 36 hours instead of 24 on Earth. Nevertheless, human and alien life flourished in the Colony. Max smiled to himself as he sat in his captain's chair onboard the Macross, a cup of tea in his hands. Small hover ships darted all across the city. Everything had gone so smoothly for the colony's development. It almost felt a little too easy in his mind, but of course there were some hardships here and there. Max looked over to his officers that were calmly doing their tasks at their work stations, chatting amongst themselves over small topics. Since they weren't in any combat or anything too serious, Max mostly lifted the usual 'only work related topics' ban on conversations, which he wouldn't lie, made the bridge much more lively. The two officers were laughing about something that Max didn't quite catch, but he was sure it wasn't anything too important. He took a sip of the tea before setting it down on a nearby desk and leaning back in his chair, closing his eyes. He considered falling asleep in his chair, but that would be irresponsible, plus what would the bridge crew think?

He smiled to himself in his head. Dear God, they had reshaped him and how he thought about his reputation.

"Sir, I'm getting a communication from the Lexington!" His comms officer knocked him away from his thoughts as he opened his eyes and looked behind him. The young woman in the seat was waving for him. He stood up and walked over to her console, staring at the screen over her shoulders.