Valentine's Day

idk how i feel about this one lol happy vday

Swagger's POV

I was excited. The guy I had been texting online said he would meet me for Valentine's Day! This might be the best Valentine's Day I've had in a long time.

As I was about to get a table at a fancy restaurant, my best friend stopped me.

"Are you sure about this?" Tobi asked. "He might not even show."

I pouted. "You really think I can't get a date?"

"It's not that you can't, it's just that you seem to have a record of breakups and stand ups." She smiled sadly. "I don't want you to get hurt again. Remember Austin?"

"Fuck Austin, he was a bitch." I say. "All my homies hate Austin."

Tobi laughs and goes back to painting my nails.

"I'm sure I could find you a date."

"I'll be fine, promise."

She sighed before shaking her head.

"I hope you're right about this guy."

A few days passed and it was Valentine's Day. Tobi didn't like the fact that the guy said he would meet me at the resturant, but I said it would be fine. I went to get ready and headed out.

It'll be fine, you're not gonna get stood up... again. I wince. Wow, way to make myself feel better.

I made it just in time. A waiter led me to a table.

"Are you waiting on someone?" He asked.

"Y- Yeah, he's running a little late." I said nervously.

The waiter nods and leaves to check on other tables. As I waited I realized that I had been stood up again. I got my phone out to text Tobi after the waiter came back. It had been an hour and he hadn't shown.

Fitz's POV

I noticed the guy as soon as I walked in. He looked like he had been waiting for someone for a while.

"Hey." I say to the waiter. "How long has he been here?"

He looked over to the guy I nodded at. "About an hour. He said he was waiting for someone, but I don't think they're showing, unless you're them?"

"Nah, I'm not. Sit me with him anyways." He nods and leads me to him. The man notices me and blushes, sliding his phone back in his pocket. I saw people staring. "Sorry I'm late."

"I- It's okay." He smiles nervously. When people look away, he relaxes. "You didn't have to do that."

"It's alright, I don't mind." I say. "Cam."

"Eric."

As we talk over dinner, he becomes more comfortable. Telling me about his friends and what he did. The whole time I couldn't figure out why someone would stand this guy up, he was a nice guy. Sweet, funny, and pretty.

Wait, no. What am I thinking?

Whatever, it's not important.

When the waiter brought the check, I quickly picked it up before he could.

"H- Hey!"

"I'm paying, no arguing about it." He gave me a look.

"At least let me pay, to make up for... this."

"I don't mind." I stuck my credit card in the folder and handed it back to the waiter. "Besides, I already paid."

He eyed me. "You're one of those guys, aren't you?"

I grin. "Come on, let's go somewhere else."

Swagger's POV

I followed Cam outside and frowned.

"Where would we even go?" I ask. "Both of us drove here."

He hums. "There's a park nearby, we could go there?"

"That sounds fine."

As we walked to the park we started talking again. I dont know why, but I really liked him. 

"Can I ask you something?" He looks at me.

"What is it?"

"Why were you alone tonight? You seem like a great guy."

He shrugged. "Girlfriend left me the week before. Cheating bitch was just using me."

"Oh, sorry." I said. 

"It's fine. Besides, you're so much better than her." I blushed. "Oh look, we're here."

The park was more like a playground, with jungle gyms and kiddie slides. 

We exchanged looks. 

"So swings?" He grins. "Although you look like you could fit through those tiny holes."

"I'll take everything I've said back." I glare.

He laughs and sits on the right swing while I take the left. 

"Cam?" I say after a while.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for tonight. You really didn't have to sit with me."

He smiles. "Don't worry about it. The whole night I kept trying to figure out why someone stood you up. You're a great guy, anyone would be lucky to have you." I feel my face heat up.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself."

"I guess... I was trying to ask if you maybe wanted to do this again? Like an actual date?"

"That sounds nice."

The smile never leaves his face. "Could I get your number?"

I laugh and gave him my number. It got late and we headed back to the resturant.

"Thanks again, if you hadn't done that I'd probably be binging movies with my roommate, not that there's anything wrong with that."

"Anytime, princess." Did he just call me princess? I felt my face heat up once again. He winked. "I'll text you."

"Okay, good night." He kissed me.

"Good night, Eric."

When I got back to the apartment, Tobi was waiting for me.

"You never answered my text, so I'm guessing everything went fine?"

"Well, yes and no." I began. "The original guy stood me up-"

"That bastard, I knew he was going to-"

"-but then another guy came in and sat with me instead! He was really nice, altough he wouldn't let me pay-"

"So are you seeing this guy again?" Tobi cut my rambling off. "I'd really like to meet him."

"Dating app guy? Fuck no. But Cam-" She raises a brow at my slip up. "Fuck."

"I'm not gonna go on a manhunt for the guy, I just want to thank him for not leaving my friend alone on Valentine's Day."

"Thanks, Tobi." I smile. "Happy Valentine's Day."

"Happy Valentine's Day, Eric."