Soulmates part 2

Swagger's POV

The next day I holed myself up in my room. I ignored texts from the others. Tobi, and to my surprise, Cam, had left me alone. No calls or texts. Maybe Tobi had told Cam to fuck off, or maybe he realized he fucked up by rejecting me.

Either way it was quiet. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not.

I thought back to what I told Tobi that night.

He doesn't know it's me.

Frowning, I realize that I fucked up as well. Cam hadn't known, so I shouldn't have gone off on him like that.

I sighed, curling back up in bed and texting Tobi.

Me: can we talk?

Tobi: What about?

Me: that night at cams

Me: i knew he was my soulmate but he didnt

Me: if i had told him instead of being a pussy about it maybe this would be different

Tobi: You didn't know Cam had stopped looking.

Me: i know

Me: we both screwed up

Tobi: You want to talk to him?

Me: eventually

Tobi: I'll let him know when you want to.

After that I went to bed. I had told Tobi to let Cam know that I would talk to him on Friday. For now I had to figure out what to say to him.

The week ended too fast, and Cam was going to be here in an hour. I tried to get ready but I wouldn't be able to clean everything in time. I had taken a shower and got dressed, not caring about how I looked after.

He should be here any minute now.

Fitz's POV

I rang the doorbell and waited. There was a moment before Eric answered, neither of us saying a word as he let me in. He led me to the kitchen, where we sat down.

After a while of us talking about nothing and everything we run out of things to say.

"I'm sorry." Eric says after a while.

Frowning, I look at him.

"Why are you sorry? If anything, I should be sorry, and I am."

"You didn't know, before I told you." He sighed. "I shouldn't have gone off on you like that."

"You hadn't known I stopped looking." I smiled sadly.

"We both screwed up, huh?" He laughed nervously.

"Heh, yeah."

Things went quiet after that. We both played with the cups of coffee.

"Is this gonna be fucking weird now?" Eric panicked. "Do you even want to stay together knowing it's me?"

I reached to hold Eric's hand, brushing my thumb over the back of it.

"Of course I want to be with you. I've wanted to know who my soulmate was for as long as I can remember."

His eyes widen slightly and he lets out a weak laugh.

"Me too."

"So how about we start this over? Maybe a date?"

Eric blushes. "Are you asking me out?"

"Yeah, how about it?" I smile. "To make up for this shit show?"

"Sure." His blush darkens and I pull him onto my lap, making him giggle.

"We'll make this work." I promised.