She thought she was a good liar but Ron spoke again, "my mom is super awkward and my brother has some anxiety. I kinda know when people aren't okay."

Adira let out a breathy laugh before her serious expression returned, "I just don't like loud noises."

Ron hummed, asking her to continue. "I've been out there for a really long time. Quiets all I know. Every loud noise I hear, I think a walker is on its way."

"We'll if it's any better, I'm pretty sure you can take down a whole army of walkers."

"What's that supposed to mean?" She raised an eyebrow and watched as the boy searched his brain for a reasonable answer.

"I mean it's just— you look like a fighter. If that makes any sense." He furrowed his eyebrows. "You have a lot of badass scars, you got lots of muscle, and you're scary looking."

"I'm scary looking?"

Ron waved his warm, "forget I even said that. This place has a really good view. It's like an ordinary life. It's better."

It's better? How could any of this be better?

He must've seen the look on her face because in a second he was back to stuttering, "I-I mean not better. I mean it's better in here than out there. We've all lost something, but we've gotten something back."

What had she gained? She had lost everyone who's ever meant something to her. Everyone who died— she was the cause of it.

A hand suddenly gently grasped her upper arm and began pulling her away. "Sorry Ron, I really need my date right now." Mitch said and practically dragged her to the empty corner.

"I'm your date?" She rose an eyebrow and looked at him confused.

"We'll I mean we kissed a few times, thought it might mean something." He muttered quietly but she heard it all so clearly. "Sorry, you just had that, I'm gonna panic and kill someone look on your face. And he was staring at your chest." Mitch pursed his lips and gently pulled the top of her blouse higher.

"Oh wow." Her eyes widened. "He's like 15. I'm technically an adult. How illegal." She sarcastically muttered. "You should be in jail. I mean— you kissed me when I was a minor." She tried ignoring the butterflies fluttering in her stomach and the burn of his finger tips skinning her chest.

Mitch rolled his eyes, "I was a minor too."

"Barely."

"That's besides the point."

"What is the point?"

He grabbed her face with her two hands and his mind suddenly side tracked again at how close they were. "Mitch... get to the point." She whispered and forced her eyes to look at his instead of his lips.

"Right. Uh... Teela is trying to convince Minho and I to have a threesome and take some cocaine." Adiras eyes widened almost to the size of a basketball. "Yeah, just wondering if you could... I don't know, scare her? Or something."

"What the fuck." She muttered and looked around the room to find the brunette bitch latching herself onto Minho. "That's her?"

"Minho tried convincing her he's gay, but it just led to her— nevermind, I don't wanna think about it. Honestly, who cares if I'm single? It's the fucking apocalypse."

Adira watched as Teela ran her hands up and down Minho's bicep while whispering in his ear. She looked very, needy? On the other hand, Minho looked scared and disgusted. In her mind, she was already stabbing the girl but physically, she was walking over to the two.