Extra I: Children

Start from the beginning

“Even if I’ll be scolded by Taifu today, I must teach this girl properly!” Zhao Zigao pushed the eunuch away and ran to the outside of the palace hall angrily, “Zhao Jingshu, don’t run!”

A young girl’s scream came from the outside. After a while, the voice gradually faded away. At this time, Wang Huan sighed helplessly again and said, “Princess, come out and be careful of being stuffy.”

Under the curtain of the Taifu’s table, a bright and beautiful face slowly appeared. She was wearing the clothes of a palace maid, but by looking at her, she did not have the appearance of a servant at all, “Has he gone out?”

“Taizi has gone out.” Wang Huan wanted to say something but then hesitated, “Princess, Taizi has spent a lot of thought on this, you… don’t overdo it.”

Zhao Jingshu did not care about these words. She skipped to Zhao Zigao’s seat happily, sat in the armchair that was too high for her, and said cheerfully, “He’s always so stupid. He’ll be tricked easily. What should I write to him this time?”

Wang Huan quietly looked at the book in front of him and silently memorized yesterday’s Confucian classics, as if he did not know what was happening outside his surroundings. Zhao Jingshu thought for a moment, picked up Zhao Zigao’s writing brush, and wrote crookedly, “You – are – a – big – idiot.”

After Zhao Jingshu finished writing, she felt that the idiot had used it last time, and she seemed ignorant to use it again this time. Zhao Jingshu thought that she should not be underestimated, so she struck out the word “idiot” and decided to replace it with “stupid”.

However, she could not write the word “stupid” several times this time. The palace maids could not wait long. Seeing that Zhao Zigao was coming back, Zhao Jingshu was panic. She turned her head to call Wang Huan, “Hey, how do you write stupid?”

Wang Huan pretended not to hear. Zhao Jingshu was anxious, jumped out of the chair, grabbed Wang Huan’s arm, and pulled it hard to her side, “Come on, help me quickly. He’s coming back soon.”

Wang Huan was helplessly dragged to Taizi’s desk by the Princess. He looked at the article that was copied carefully by his close friend and really could not bear to write on it. So, he dipped his finger in the water and wrote a “stupid” word on the table.

Zhao Jingshu looked at the watermarks and then at her own writing, copying them stroke by stroke. The Empress paid a big price for Zhao Jingshu to hire a teacher, but Zhao Jingshu really did not know how to write. She could not write it correctly until the watermarks were all dry, and she still have not finished copying.

Zhao Jingshu could not see the word and was very annoyed. She forced the writing brush into Wang Huan’s hand and said, “It’s really troublesome. Quickly, you write it. Don’t worry, I’ll take responsibility when you are done!”

Her last sentence was simply heroic, but Wang Huan did not want to do such a thing. He clasped his hands behind his back as before and said, “Princess, this is not a nobleman’s act. It’s inappropriate.”

“What a nobleman or not a nobleman.” Zhao Jingshu was annoyed when she saw that Wang Huan refused to take the writing brush no matter what. She glared at him fiercely, “I’m a Princess. You dare not to listen to me?”

Her Highness was nine years old. Although she was still young, her future allure could already be seen. In particular, her eyes resembled Empress Niangniang, beautiful in shape with thick eyelashes and bright like the luminous pearl.

Wang Huan was speechless that she could not write at a young age but dared to learn from others to bully others. Wang Huan could not belittle his close friend’s efforts, but the young and arrogant princess in front of him was also very troublesome.