Chapter 85: Concubine

In Yan'an Courtyard, Tang Shishi was sitting in an armchair, and Lu Yufei was standing at the back, surrounded by women. Ren Yujun, Ji Xinxian, and other palace beauties who were still alive were there. Everyone remained silent and quietly watching another woman bow to Tang Shishi.

"Thanking the Wangfei for her kindness. The Wangfei is kind, and Shunhua dare not forget in this life."

Zhou Shunhua wore a blue cloth dress, with a plain design, and there was no other decoration on her body except for a jade hairpin. She knelt in front of Tang Shishi, with her knees closed together and her back straight.

Tang Shishi looked down at her feet, and said nothing for a long time. Zhou Shunhua's posture was still submissive, and her forehead was touching the ground, without any disapproval or embarrassment from her.

Not long ago, Tang Shishi was at the same level as Zhou Shunhua. Come to think of it, Tang Shishi is the daughter of a merchant, but Zhou Shunhua is a daughter of an official. In terms of status, Tang Shishi is far behind Zhou Shunhua. But now, Zhou Shunhua kowtowed her head to thank someone who was once inferior to her, but she did not feel embarassed because of this.

This in itself is a big surprise. Tang Shishi always felt that after Zhou Shunhua went to exile in Zhuangzi, something seemed to have changed. Although Zhou Shunhua was already smart before leaving the mansion, her eyes shone and longed for Zhao Zixun, but now, her eyes have become cold.

But what's the point, Tang Shishi thought nonchalantly, anyway, she wasn't part of their fight anymore. Whatever Zhou Shunhua and the other women do in the future is Lu Yufei's problem. How does this involve Tang Shishi?

She is their mother-in-law, as long as Zhao Chengjun does not dissapear, even Zhao Zixun will have to treat Tang Shishi with respect.

Tang Shishi didn't ask Zhou Shunhua to get up for a long time, and everyone around her lowered their eyes but quietly glanced at Tang Shishi. Tang Shishi put her hands on her knees, stroked the folds of her sleeves, and said softly, "Get up."

Only then did a maidservant step forward to help, Zhou Shunhua held the maid's hand and slowly got up from the ground.

Tang Shishi raised her hand and motioned for Dujuan to pour tea. At this time, Zhou Shunhua stepped forward, took the teapot in Du Juan's hand, poured water three times into a small cup and with a graceful gesture, raised it up and handed it to Tang Shishi respectfully: "May mother drink tea."

Everyone was surprised. Lu Yufei was stunned for a while, suddenly reacted, and said furiously: "Presumptuous! Did you call the Wangfei your mother?"

"It's okay." Tang Shishi raised her fingers, stopped Lu Yufei's movements, and said with a smile, "It's hard for Beauty Zhou to maintain her filial piety. However, I am about the same age as Beauty Zhou, and i feel ashamed to recieve your filial piety."

"Mother doesn't need to be embarassed. " Zhou Shunhua lowered her eyes and said, "Mother is a princess, and also this girl's mother-in-law. It is not wrong for a daughter-in-law to show her filial piety. May mother accept the tea."

Tang Shishi secretly sighed. What Zhou Shunhua said was vague and she therefore could not punish her for it. Since Zhou Shunhua's attitude is like this, Tang Shishi found no fault. She took the tea in Zhou Shunhua's hand, took a sip, and said, "This is very good tea. Beauty Zhou is a very filial person."

Tang Shishi's attitude was pleasant and Lu Yufei who watched from behind, gradually couldn't stand it any longer.

What does Zhou Shunhua mean? What does Tang Shishi mean? Weren't the two of them enemies before? Are they about to form an alliance?