Chapter 17: Engagement

Lu Yufei

Lu Yufei

It was not appropriate to call her mother-in-law. After all, Prince Jing and Miss Xi were not married. However, looking at Prince Jing's attitude, he was very polite to this Madam Xi.

Zhao Chengjun had already finished speaking during the period of Tang Shishi's wishful thinking. Old Madam Zheng smiled heartily, "Wangye entrusted this old woman to do these things because you think highly of this old body. Wangye can rest assured that this old woman will put all effort into helping Shizi to look for a satisfactory Shizi Consort for the Prince's mansion."

"Thank you very much, Old Madam Zheng." Zhao Chengjun said in a faint voice, "I don't want to conceal from you. I already have a candidate in my mind, eldest miss from the Lu family is very good."

"Does Wangye mean Lu Yufei?" Old Madam Zheng thought for a moment and nodded, "Yes, that girl is very clever and quick-witted, and exceedingly eager to be first. She has a more heroic spirit than any ordinary woman. She can hold it up if she's going to be the Shizi Consort."

"Marriage is an important matter, not trivial at all. Thank you for your trouble today, madam. After the banquet began, trouble the old madam to find a quiet place to talk to Madam Lu on behalf of me of my intention. If Madam Lu agrees, I will personally visit their mansion to propose marriage for Zhao Zixun in the next few days."

Old Madam Zheng understood and smiled, "This old woman understands. Wangye is benevolent."

Tang Shishi also understood, she guessed right, Lu Yufei was as expected the Shizi Consort. She raised her eyebrows and glanced at Zhou Shunhua from the corner of her eye.

Zhou Shunhua lowered her head and seemed to be in a bad mood. It was true, the young man whom she has a favorable impression was going to marry a legitimate wife. Under normal circumstances, no one in the world could smile and gave a blessing to the other person. In particular, these two people already have mutual feelings, and Zhao Zixun also has a favorable impression of Zhou Shunhua.

A gifted scholar and a beautiful lady like each other mutually, but the mandarin ducks were separated by an evil force. Zhao Chengjun was exactly this evil force. Tang Shishi relying on Zhao Chengjun could not see her, quietly glared at him.

This person normally did not do personnel affairs but had arranged for Zhao Zixun to marry a Shizi Consort. How much trouble did this man has caused Tang Shishi? He deserved not to have a wife.

At first, Zhao Chengjun was listening to Old Madam Zheng, and Tang Shishi thought concealed it quite well, but in fact, Zhao Chengjun was aware of her glare. Zhao Chengjun slowly rubbed the rim of the teacup, then suddenly put the teacup on the table, "The tea is cold."