Fourteen

Wow, 13 votes in only two days on chapter thirteen, you guys are amazing, thank you so much for reading 'Just One Night'.

November 9th - Four months pregnant.

Maddie jumped out of the car as soon as it completely stopped. She heard Clip's bike shut off right behind the car. "Hey, you can't just go in there, you're supposed to stay at the house." He said, but she could barely hear him as she ran up the steps and threw the door open.

"Where is he?" She asked Mac, who was standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"Mads, what are you doing here?" He asked, walking over to her.

"Where's Jude?" She asked, noticing the blood on Mac's shirt, and it wasn't his.

She choked out a sob, angrily wiping away her tears.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm fine." Jude said, walking down the stairs. Maddie looked up, his shirt was a little bloody, and torn, but he looked okay.

"What happened?" She asked, running over to him. He pulled her into a hug, kissing her forehead.

"I was stabbed in the shoulder, it's fine. I got stitched up." He said, smiling down at her. "I just didn't want to worry you." He said.

She glared at him. "You worried me more by not telling me." She said softly.

He nodded. "Next time I'll tell you." He said.

"Next time?" She asked, angrily.

Jude laughed. "This wasn't the first time, babe, and it isn't going to be the last." He told her.

She rolled her eyes.

"I'll be more careful." He told her, leaning down to kiss her forehead.

He ran a hand through her hair. "Let's go home." He said, taking her hand.

She nodded, feeling suddenly exhausted.

The ride home was silent as Maddie wavered in out of consciousness. She could barely keep her eyes open. let alone carry on a conversation.

When they got home, Maddie walked straight upstairs to the spare room, got her pajamas and got into the shower before getting into bed.

Jude followed ten minutes later, wrapping his arms around her.

"Good night, beautiful." He told her as he turned off the lights.

Even though just minutes ago, she was exhausted, Madelyn tossed and turned for the next three hours, unable to get comfortable.

Finally, around three forty five, she fell asleep, only to have her alarm go off at seven thirty.

Reaching for her phone, she turned off the alarm. "Why is my alarm going off?" She mumbled tiredly.

"It's Friday. You're doctor's appointment is at nine." Jude grumbled tiredly as he stretched. "Go get in the shower, I'll make breakfast." He said, kissing her lips before getting out of bed and pulling on some sweats. He walked out of the bedroom.

Maddie pulled the blankets over her head tiredly.

Ten minutes later, she got out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom to get into the shower.

After her shower and getting dressed, Maddie walked downstairs to eat breakfast with Jude. There were waffles, fresh fruit, toast, and sausage. "Best fiancé ever." She said to Jude with a smile as she loaded her plate with fluffy waffles. Jude laughed. "You only like me for my waffles." He said with a fake pouty face. Maddie rolled her eyes. "You know that's not true." She said, laughing.