Eight

Running a hand through her hair, Maddie sighed, rolling over, onto a hard body. She took a deep breath inhaling the scent that was the one and only Jude Starwell. Feeling a hand rub her back, she kept her eyes closed, pretending to be asleep, she wasn't ready to get up yet, but by the smell filling the room, she could tell it was around time to eat dinner, the room smelled like garlic and tomato sauce.

"I know you're awake." He whispered in her ear. She didn't move, focusing on keeping her breathing even.

"Fine, pretend to be asleep, I'm going to eat dinner, then, maybe go get some ice cream for dessert... while you stay here and sleep." Jude said, knowing that she had been craving strawberry ice cream all day.

She sat up quickly.

"Are we really going to go get ice cream?" She asked him.

He smiled at her. "I knew you were faking it." He said, pulling her to him and tickling her. She laughed loudly, squirming away.

"Yes, we're going to get ice cream, after dinner, if you still want it." He said to her, before putting on his shoes.

"Let's go eat before everyone eats it all." He said taking her hand and walking downstairs to the kitchen with her.

"Rayne and I made dinner, lasagna, garlic bread and salad." Katie said proudly.

"You made dinner?" Maddie asked, looking at the food skeptically.

"Okay, fine, I made the salad, you won't get food poisoning... again." Katie said with a smile.

"Again?" Jude asked.

"Apparently, when you're cooking chicken, 'medium rare' isn't an option... I thought you can make it that way." Katie said, smirking.

"Poor Maddie was in bed for two days." She said, shaking her head.

Maddie rolled her eyes. "You called me weak for not being able to handle raw meat!!!" Maddie accused, her voice getting higher as she pointed her finger at her friend.

"Well, yeah, I ate it and I didn't get sick." Katie said with a smirk.

"That's because you're crazy!!! You probably took the fully cooked chicken for yourself." Maddie said, shaking her head.

Katie rolled her eyes. "Let's just eat before it gets cold." She said, pulling out her own chair and sitting down.

Jude laughed. "Wow, you guys are entertaining." he said as he pulled out Maddie's chair. He kissed her cheek.

Maddie sat down and started to eat the delicious lasagna. Everyone was talking, and making jokes, but Maddie was too focused on eating and the talk she would have to have with Jude later that night.

"So, Mads, are you excited to go home for the week? I'm so happy its break, I am so ready to party!!!" Katie said excitedly.

Crap...

The sound of a fork being dropped turned her attention to Jude. "Maddie, care to explain?" Jude asked in a calm, but scary voice.

"Uhm, I'm going to Minnesota, to visit my family, I go on every break." She whispered.

"And you were going to tell me this when?" He asked angrily.

"I- I was going to tell you tonight." She whispered, running a hand through her hair and glancing around the table at the ten pairs of eyes watching them.

"When are you leaving?" He asked her, his eyes darkening.

"Monday." She whispered.

"So you were going to tell me Saturday night, that you're leaving for a week on Monday?" He asked her. "Don't you think I have a right to know that a little sooner, I mean, how long have you known that you were leaving, you couldn't have told me sooner?" He asked her, standing up from the table.

"I- I didn't find out, I go every break, my parents book the plane ticket months in advance..." She said.

He rolled his eyes.

"So, you've known, and you just were going to wait until the last second to tell me? Why Madelyn?" He asked, raising his voice.

"Because I knew you would get upset." She said, raising her voice too.

"I am only upset, because you waited to tell me, then I had to hear it from your friend, not from you." He told her.

She sighed. "I was going to tell you tonight, it's just... You're so protective, I knew that you wouldn't want me to go." She said.

"No, I don't want you to go, Maddie, but I wouldn't have stopped you from going." He said. He started to walk out of the room.

"Where are you going?" She asked, standing up.

"I'm going to book some plane tickets, you didn't think I would let you go unprotected, did you?" He asked with a smirk before walking upstairs.

Maddie looked over at Katie. How was she going to explain this to her parents? They didn't even know she was pregnant yet.

Shorter chapter, sorry guys. It's getting interesting though, so excited for the next chapter. Please vote and comment. Feedback especially comments give me motivation. Thanks!!!