010. MIDSUMMERS

Mulai dari awal

"Delia?" Pope asks.

"He's fine." Cordelia forces another smile. "Trust me, I look worse than him for once." She chuckles without any humor. "I'm, uh... gonna get a drink." She says, giving them another fake smile as she walks away. The blonde makes her way to the drink table and fills a cup up with some water.

Cordelia hears movement next to her, looking to see Fletcher, making her slightly freeze. She quickly looks towards the crowd, avoiding the boy as he fills up a cup with water.

Fletcher looks up, his eyes widening at the cuts on Cordelia's face.

"Holy fuck! What happened to your face?" Fletcher asks.

"You might wanna try better greeting if you ever wanna get a girlfriend. Or boyfriend, whatever way you swing." Cordelia says.

"Did Rafe or Topper do that?" Fletcher asks.

"Some of it." Cordelia shrugs.

"And the rest?" Fletcher asks.

"Why the hell do you care?" Cordelia asks. "What, you suddenly wanna stop being a dick and be friends again? After six years? Really?"

"You know, you haven't exactly been easy to deal with either." Fletcher shoots back.

"What did you expect? You go around insulting my people, you think I'm just gonna be all giggles and sunshine?" Cordelia asks.

"No, but--"

"What do you want, Fletcher?"

"I... I'm sorry. Look, it isn't my fault that my brother and his friends are dicks, but I'm sorry." Fletcher says.

"Don't you hate us? What does it matter?" Cordelia asks.

"Okay, I've made snarky and rude remarks. I haven't harmed any of you." Fletcher says.

"Oh, really? Would you like to take me back to the third grade? You know, that one recess where you embarrassed me in front of three different grades." Cordelia says.

"Delia--"

"No. No, you do not get to call me that anymore. That is for my friends."

"Okay, there's no way everybody remembers." Fletcher says making Cordelia roll her eyes.

"I remember, shithead. That's the point that matters. My friends remember. And if I ask, I can get JJ to murder your kook ass." Cordelia threatens.

"Because he does so well in fights." Fletcher remarks.

"Well, in his defense, he's usually outnumbered lately. Besides, don't forget him pointing a gun at your brother's head the night of the kegger." Cordelia reminds.

"Right. The night he went all psycho." Fletcher says.

"Because Topper went psycho first. At least JJ was saving John B's life. Topper's only plan was to kill one of my best friends." Cordelia says.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? For everything. Comments, past encounters, Topper and the other assholes, third grade, the stutter mouth calling. All of it. I'm sorry." Fletcher says. "That what you want to hear?"

"I would prefer you mean it." Cordelia says. She takes a sip of her drink, but immediately chokes on it when she spots the Cameron family enter.

"Oh, God. What the hell is she wearing?" Cordelia asks through a few coughs. Fletcher follows her gaze, finding Rose's spiky crown looking headband.

"Yikes." Fletcher mumbles. "That is not safe."

+++

It's nighttime now and the event has been going on for a bit. Kie and Cordelia have stuck together a majority of the night. Now, however, Cordelia is alone since Kie's parents dragged her off to mingle with other kooks, not wanting Cordelia to tag along.