Distance

Now I will start, dw if you didn't read the backstory, but if you didn't and something doesn't make sense, tell me because I want to make it readable without the backstory.

No, this does not include the orange side and this story implies that there are no other sides (which most likely will be wrong in future episodes, which is fine)

***

Logan sighed, remembering the last night (working through intrusive thoughts). He was too emotional, it was not right. He had to figure out how to stop this.

'Hey you okay kiddo?" Patton said concerned

Logan looked up at Patton. He realized that he was at the dinner table and had been staring at his food. "Oh.. yes, I am."

Patton didn't look convinced but he went back to talking about something to Virgil.

Virgil..

Logan shook his head. He couldn't wait to get back to his room and away from all these.. feelings.

Soon, it was over and he teleported to his room. After a little too long of laying on his bed staring at the ceiling, trying to think of a way to control his emotions, he remembered. Many years ago, roman had created the mind palace, which they were in, so it was separate from the unruly Imagination. Logan bet Roman could do that again. Logan thought about the fact that what caused the most emotions was being around the others. He knew it was unreasonable to completely separate from the rest, like Virgil has done in season 1. He also understood that he was needed as logic. But.. he also knew he could complete his work as logic without much interaction with the sides.

His plan:

Ask Roman to create Logan's own space

live by himself

do as much of his work as he can by himself

any interaction is focused on necessity

Most of his interactions just with Thomas

He predicted the first part to be the hardest to do. "Roman, may I talk to you for a minute?"

Roman sat up from where he was laying on the couch. "Yeah sure"

Logan waited expectantly

Roman sighed and went over and made a 'good enough?' face.

Logan glanced at Patton doing dishes in the next room, in earshot, but continued, "do you remember how to make pocket worlds?"

"Of course, I made this one."

"So, do you think you could make another one, so many years later?"

"Yeah, it's easy, why?"

"I need you to make one for me."

"What? Why do you need a pocket world?"

Logan thought for a second, gathering his words, knowing the not great reactions he was going to get. "I believe.. it would be beneficial for me."

Roman looked confused.

Logan sighed, a little nervous. "This is a small world, Roman, it's hard to avoid people."

Roman looked a little hurt. "Avoid people? Are you saying..you had an argument and you need a cool off.. world?"

"No, no, it's more like.. I need to live alone."

Roman looked horrified. "What!? Is it a privacy thing? I can figure a way to create more houses in our world if that would help, but an entire new world for some privacy? Really?"

"It's not privacy that's the problem." Logan noticed Patton had stopped washing dishes and was watching. He didn't dare look, or he feared he'd have an emotional response.

"What is it?"

Logan avoided his gaze. "To.. optimize thomas' logical decisions and productivity, I believe it's in.. all our best interests for me to live separately."

"What are you talking about? All our best interests?" Roman asked nervously

"Yes, it is in our best interest, what is to be misunderstood?"

"How is that in our best interest?"

"It optimizes-"

"How, Logan? Because we aren't distractions anymore? Is that it?" Roman said, his hurt making him irritated.

Logan sighed, flustered. "No, now can you do it or not?"

"Don't you think we should talk about this? With the others?" Roman's voice was a little high with his attempt not to cry.

"No, I do not see how that would be useful."

"You are dense, sometimes, Logan. Do you not see how this decision of yours would impact everyone?"

Logan blinked. "Of course, there is lots of time to discuss scheduling on when I would come in to do work and such."

Roman scoffs. "That is definitely not what I meant."

"Enlighten me."

"You should know how- how friends impact our mental health so.. we must be negatively impacting you! This is a supposedly nice way of saying we're bothering you and you don't even have the guts to say it to our face? That's the only reason why you'd have to go to a whole other world to be productive." Roman thought he saw a flash of sadness cross Logan's face but with a blink, it was gone.

Logan chose his words carefully. "I did not mean that and that is not the reason I require that much- not the reason I require a pocket world... I am sorry that I made you feel that way."

Roman closed his eyes sadly. "Fine, I'll do it."

They went into the hall. The layout of the house was as follows: downstairs was the kitchen, living room, a bathroom, back door and front door. Upstairs: right side; Patton's room, Roman's room, Janus' room. Left side: bathroom, Logan's room, Virgil's room, Remus' room. And at the end of the upstairs hall is the door to Imagination. 

***

Roman and Logan stood in the middle of a clearing. On either side of them were two brick walls that seemed out of place. On each brick wall was a door. Right was light, left, dark sides. Facing forward was the space between.

Waving his hands, a door, identical to the light sides' door, appeared, and soon after a brick wall surrounded it (at some point the twins felt it was more 'natural' that way). Over it, like the other two, was a little plaque. This one said Logan (logic).

"Now, Logan" Roman said, doing his best not to cry, because this was important. "You didn't tell me what you wanted for this, so..I made a basic world and made it very easy to change so you can. I also gave myself less power in this world so if I stepped inside it wouldn't mess everything up. So you and I have the same creative control in this world but I am more experienced."

"Okay so what do I do?"

"Um,, so I'm trying to think of how to teach world building. I've been doing it my whole life. So.. I could just do it for you, but I think you'd want the independence. Okay um well it's currently like an exact copy of the mind palace. It's just easy that way. You can make it bigger, smaller, add stuff, it's an entire world."

"Right." Logan said thinking.

"Do you want to go in? Learn by experience?"

Logan considered and nodded. "Okay."

They went in. "I don't know if you feel any different, but you should be able to do whatever you think of. To help concentrate the magic, you can do arm movements, use a stick as a wand, make a wand, i don't know. I did have a wand at some point, but it didn't really help me."

Logan waved his hands around and nothing happened. He did it again and a wand appeared.

"You should be okay.. I'll.. help if you need it. Non-regular doors like that one are the hardest to make. I made your door outside your house and your house is the only other thing that's different. Um.. see you later, I guess."

Logan smiled politely. "Thank you."

Roman nodded