Chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of a train grinding the railway.

The train car I was in, shook mildly, but it was enough to wake me up.

"We've arrived at Kivotos! Please don't forget your belongings and enjoy your stay!" A voice of a girl came from a speaker that was installed inside and outside the train, that resounded in the entire station.

I slowly opened my eyes and stood up from my seat. I checked the time on my wrist watch and it was almost noon.

I then picked up my belongings and made my way to the exit. I wore a black hoodie that was enough to cover my hair and my face, albeit slightly.

I came from a faraway land from Kivotos, and it took me a few days to get here-but I don't dislike traveling. Moreover, it was fun while it lasted.

After I exited the train, I took a good breath of the air, and relaxed. I checked my phone and it had a message from my brother who was gonna meet up with me.

[Where are you right now?] Was the message he sent a few hours ago. I didn't notice since I took a nap, so I felt a little bad. I immediately wrote a reply afterwards.

[I just exited the train. So I'm at the train station.] I hit send, and he immediately replied.

[That's good. I won't be able to meet up with you, so you need to follow my instructions.] He must be doing something important, and I already troubled him enough by telling him I was gonna come to Kivotos.

[I understand. Please give me the instructions. I think I can manage without a guide.] I hit send, and made my way into the city.

After a few moments, I took out my phone once more and it contained the instructions I needed to reach him.

[That's my brother. Take a taxi and tell them you're going to the building of Schale. Don't worry, most of the taxi drivers here at Kivotos knows the building of Schale. Also, keep in mind that Kivotos is a place where carrying weapons is legal; make sure not to get into unnecessary trouble. That's all. Be safe.] I thanked him for the instruction and pocketed my phone once more.

The taxi area was a few blocks away from me, so I needed to walk for a few minutes. Walking posed no problem to me as it is also a good way to exercise. Though, I got a little bothered by the fact that people carried guns and weaponry without batting an eye.

After arriving at the taxi area, I searched for a taxi that was empty, but most of them were full at the current moment, so it was quite a hassle.

Luckily, one of the taxi's that was starting to leave, stopped in front of me and asked: "Where are you headed young man?" What greeted me was a machine, no, an AI driving the taxi, who sounded like a normal human which surprised me for a bit. The technology in Kivotos is nothing to scoff at... nevertheless, I must've stood out since I've been walking back and forth. "To the building of Schale... " I said reluctantly.

"What a coincidence! The passenger inside the taxi is going to the same place. Why don't you ask her if you can tag along?" The taxi driver suggested and I nodded.

"Um... excuse me." The girl behind the driver seat rolled down the window and gave me a smile.

"I heard the conversation. You said you're going to the building of Schale, right? May I ask what is your business there?" She asked rather politely, making me stiffen a bit. She had a long navy blue hair with pigtails tied with a triangle device similar to her halo, and the hue of her eyes are bright blue.

"Um... erm... I have a relative there that was supposed to meet me at the train station, but said he was busy. So he instructed me to ride a taxi and meet him there. It's all right if you don't want me to tag along, I can wait for another taxi to come by." I said to her.