Chapter Four

I vividly remember this part as if it happened yesterday. Well, not exactly yesterday, as it happened only a month or so ago. I've heard all your accusations, with claims of how I'm "evil" or a "monster". But let me make something clear.
You haven't heard MY side.
The REAL side.
So before you start with your ignorant nonsense, listen to the actual Truth.

Now, this all started when Mr. Marbum found I was hiding the box. I'll skip the events leading up to it, because I won't waste my time explaining important details to stubborn people who refuse to believe anything out of their own mind set. I'll say this; He dug through my property, which is an invasion of privacy might I add, and confronted me about taking the box. And the confrontation became rather violent. He was holding me by my collar, yelling about how he would make me pay and telling me about how I was a "mangy thief that never appreciated anyone's kindness despite all they've done" before roughly throwing me to the ground. So I did what anyone would do.
Defend themselves.
I grabbed my cane off the ground and jabbed it into his windpipe, stunning him temporarily, and pulled him down, which gave me enough time to scramble to my feet and attempt to escape. As I was running, he wrapped a hand around my ankle, tripped me, and pulled me back. He quickly stood up and placed a foot on my back. Of course I protested, saying I didn't do anything wrong, but only was I truly afraid for my life when he bent down, and picked up a tent pole, and held the sharp end to the back of my neck. I began to try to wriggle out from under his weight, knowing if I didn't I would die.
But that was when I saw Sawyer, hiding in the shadow of a spare trunk, quickly slide across the floor, and knock the pole out of Mr. Marbum's hand, and swipe it in front of me. As he passed by, I heard one word in my head.
"Stab."
And stab I did.
I grabbed the pole, flipped it around so the pointy end was facing Mr. Marbum, and shoved it into him, as hard as I could. He immediately stumbled backwards and fell to his knees in pain. I looked over my shoulder. I had stabbed him in the ribs. He had his hands wrapped around the pole, trying to pull it out. I stood up, looking for anything to silence his screeching, or at least his attempt, as it has faded into a series of panicked wheezes with the occasional crack breaking through it. Until I finally saw it. The rope from the tight rope walk. I grabbed it and tied it around his neck, and began to pull. He let out one, final scream, before going completely limp.
I had done it. I had killed the man that had in prisoned me and my co-workers for so long. The monster that laughed at us with the crowd. I had gotten my revenge. And I enjoyed every last second of it.
But I didn't want to stop there. Oh no. Any little disrespectful brat that was left unattended, or person that was left alone, I took their life as well. That went on for three years. And if you wouldn't have found where I hid the bodies, we wouldn't be here. But I did it to prove a point. And, I already know what you're thinking. I can see the disgusted look on your face. Wondering how I could POSSIBLY murder all those INNOCENT people?!
Simple. With a knife, a bit of dark magic, and a thirst for blood.