9) Terra

Terra was walking home from school with her friends. It had taken a lot of work from her psychiatrist, but the former Titan seemed to be mentally stable again.

She had been taken in by foster parents Gloria and Dan. They had taken a firm approach to her mental state, and Terra had benefited from it.

She was their second foster child. Alex was her foster brother. He had been adopted from Mexico after his parents had been killed in a fire.

Terra waved to her friends, and made her way through the park. This was her short-cut to her house. She saw an attractive young man seated on one of the benches.

He was dressed in black cargo-pants, and a dark-magenta shirt. Terra flinched when she considered that the colors were the same as Beast Boy's costume.

The young man had blonde hair, and a black duffel bag by his feet. Terra felt compelled to speak to him.

"Hi there," she smiled down at him. "Come here often?" He looked up at her, his stunning blue eyes taking her breath away.

"Terra?" he blinked at her.

"Do I know you?" she asked, breathlessly.

"All too well," he replied. Terra blinked, not understanding. "Terra it's me. Beast Boy."

"Beast Boy?" Terra repeated. The young man nodded. She tried picturing the young man with green skin, hair, and eyes. Her own eyes widened. "Beast Boy!" She exclaimed.

"Shh!" he exclaimed.

"What are you doing here?" she asked. "And why aren't you..." She trailed off, not sure how to ask the question. "Did the witch take your powers too?"

"Raven never touched me Terra," he growled. "Chemicals did this to me. I'm human Terra. Completely human."

"As am I Beast Boy," Terra squealed.

"Stop it," his eyes flashed. "I'm not Beast Boy anymore."

"Then what should I call you?" Terra asked.

"Garfield," he replied. "It's my name, Terra. Garfield Mark Logan." Terra sat down next to him. Despite everything she had done, Garfield could feel his old feelings for her churning in the pit of my stomach.

"Did the Titans kick you out?" she asked him.

"No," Garfield replied. "I left. I need to figure out who I am."

"Well in that case," Terra stood and took his arm. "You should come home with me."

"I can't do that Terra," Garfield sighed.

"Why not?" she asked.

"I can't just forget everything that you did," was his answer.

"But you left the Titans," Terra pointed out. "You're human now, and so am I. Can't we leave the past in the past?"

"You betrayed us," Garfield reminded her. "Twice!"

"I was mentally unstable," Terra exclaimed. "I'm seeing a therapist Garfield. I'm in a foster home. I'm doing much better now."

"Well maybe I can stay until I find a place of my own," Garfield sighed. Terra was thrilled, she tugged on his arm. Garfield looked over his shoulder.

Titan's Tower sat in the distance. He took in a breath and let the blonde lead him away.

- Scene Break -

Alex was doing his homework when the front door opened. He glanced up over his glasses to see his foster sister and a young man that he didn't recognize.