32 - LH

Request for Tanas5799

Lewis took a deep breath as he got out of his car and headed to the paddock entrance. The security let him straight in and he dodged the hundreds of interviews and paparazzi, attempting to get his picture.

He made it to the Mercedes motorhome without getting trampled by the herd and wandered through to the garage. He watched as the mechanics busied themselves with the car and setting up for the final race ahead. Lewis was leading the championship and was on his way to win a record breaking 8th World championship.

It had been a year since her accident. They were planned to get married a year ago to this day but she never made it to the Chapel.

He remembered running into the room with the machine flatlining as his wife laid on the hospital bed. He remembered how he was just too late to say goodbye and how he would never see her again.

He went missing for the months following the incident. No one knew where he went and the rumours flew around that he would retire. She was the love of his lid after all, his soul mate even. He didn't even confirm his return until the start of pre season testing, which even Toto didn't expect.

Obviously Lewis wasn't as happy and motivated with his rock by his side but he tried really hard for her. He sported a helmet all year with a pictures of her on it. Every win was dedicated with a finger pointing up to the heavens and now this championship would be hers too.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and jumped slightly before turning round to see his boss Toto giving him a sympathetic smile.

"Today's the day man. Last race of the season. Good luck out there champ."
"Thanks Toto." He said giving a weak smile and sighing as he walked off.

His teammate Valterri came over as he saw that Lewis looked like he was feeling down. He stood in silence next to Lewis for a moment before speaking, as if he was trying to figure out what to say to him

"Is it today?" He said not moving his focus from staring at the car
"Yep." Lewis said quietly.
"She would of loved to see you win this for her." He comforted his friend.
"I know. Its just difficult to celebrate when all I wanna do is celebrate by holding her in my arms and saying happy anniversary." Lewis said his voice cracking slightly.
"If it helps, I know she is watching you and is proud whatever the outcome."
"Thanks. I just want her here you know. with me. It's not the same. See you in ten." Lewis said tapping his team mate on the shoulder and disappearing off to his drivers room.

Valterri gave the mechanics a thumbs up and they began to move away from the car and head out to the pit lane where Seb and Daniel were setting up something for Lewis. They wheeled a different car in front of the screen they had set up and pulled a cover over it. Valterri helped Seb lay Daisies out around the car and then disappeared to go find Lewis.

He knocked on the door and quietly entered, he watched Lewis as he finished talking to her up wherever she is and turned to face him.

"You ready?" Valterri asked.
"As I'll ever be." Lewis sighed and hugged his friend before following him pit the door to the garage.

"Where's my car gone?" He said looking at the empty space where his car should be.
"Follow me." Valterri walked put the front of the garage into the pitlane and a confused Lewis followed.

Tears instantly formed in his eyes when he saw the set up they had done for her. Daisies laid all over the floor surrounding the car which had been painted with a special livery. The car now had her name plastered on the side of the car with messages and memories added around it. Lewis stood frozen for a moment as he looked around to see the entire grid holding candles and wearing tshirts which said Mr and Mrs Hamilton, 2020 - Always.

"I- Thank you guys for this. It really means a lot. Oh the Daisies too. Those were her favourite." He said in between tears.

He traced his hand over her name on the car, stopping when he reached the end, where there was a picture of them two in the Maldives, that was the night he proposed and a small smile formed on his face. This was going to be for her.

"She would have loved all of this and I just want to say thank you for all being there with me throughout this difficult year with me. She each shared a little piece of our hearts and I know she is looking down on us now and..." he stopped for a minute to stop himself from crying even more, "and she is very proud of us for doing what we are doing. Let's go finish this last race for her." The crowd that had firmed erupted into cheers and clapping, Lewis stated at the car one Las time before returning to the garage so the mechanics can wheel the car back in.

One long race later...

"LEWIS YOU DID IT MATE. YOU ARE AN 8 TIME FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPION. CONGRATS." He hears bono scream down the radio.
"That's not my championship, that's hers." Lewis said trying to hold back tears as he made his way back to the pit lane and parked his car in the P1 spot.

He sat there for a while just crying in his car as Sebastian cane over to talk to him. He got out eventually and stood on top of the car, pointing the finger for one last time this season to the sky where he knew she would be crying for him too.