Not everyone is going to LOVE your Work.

Yeah, I said what nobody tells you. Work here means Book, from my perspective.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings.

Before we get into that, let me give a shout-out to Hey_Ma_Bitches for being the first to comment on the previous chapter (What happened to Wattpad's readers?) and also the first to give an explanation on it.

Go show her some love as you visit her page. This is a community, and we're all here to make friends and support each other. If you aren't here to support your fellow Wattpaders, I suggest you delete you account and read from the nearest libraries close to you instead.

So, this is what she had to say, and I quote "...Read count doesn't show the number of people who read the book. It shows the number of clicks per chapter..."

I'm going to end her statement there.

If you already knew this, pat yourself on the shoulder 'cause you're one of the few people who knows how Wattpad operates.

Now let's steer back to the main dish on the menu.

Not everyone is going to love your work. Be it your first work, your second work or even sometimes, all the works your genius brain comes up with.

Some people are going to hate the fact that your work is a character-driven book, whilst others are going to hate the fact that it's plot-driven. Talk about preferences.

You would find some people hating on your characters but loving your plot and writing style. Others might end up hating your writing style and plot, but praise the uniqueness of your characters.

Not everyone's going to love your protagonist till the end. Some people would actually fall in love with the villain of your plot once he/she is introduced and then ditch the main character you worked hard to bring to life.

Fun fact: I began to throw my support behind Loki instead of Thor the moment he was introduced as the movie's villain from the movie "Thor". To date, whenever I think of the movie, I always think of Loki.

Wattpad readers can be very picky, and sadly there's nothing Wattpad can do about it. I can't really blame them because, like them, there's always that one particular thing I look out for in the first couple of chapters of every new book I read.

I'm sure you do too. Don't deny it.

Don't be put off by readers when they begin to praise some part of your book and tear the other part down. Readers would always be readers, and every writer was also once a reader. The most important thing here is that so long as you know you aren't writing trash, stay focused on your work.

And that brings me to my question. What do you look out for in a book as a reader?