Is This a Dream?

(A/N: I don't own any of Rick Riordan's characters.)

Today is the day! Today is the day! Is this a dream? Is it a dream? is what I keep on thinking as I stand in front of the mirror in Athena's Cabin. In my old cabin, there isn't normally a huge vanity mirror in here, but today is the exception. For weeks now, the camp has been buzzing with activity about one huge event based on me and my Seaweed Brain.

I see Piper fiddle with my veil, making sure that everything is neat and tidy (how is that? She's ADHD, for Athena's sake!). Hazel is examining me, up and down in awe while holding my bouquet of white roses, as well as hers and Piper's. Hazel and Piper are my bridesmaids. I asked Reyna, but she declined, but she did ask if she could help organize the event. In fact, a lot of people asked Percy and I if they could help. Turns out, Clarisse La Rue, Reyna Avilla Ramirez-Arellano, Nico di Angelo, Will Solace, and the whole cabin of Aphrodite helped organize this for us. I know why Nico really signed up to help with the wedding: to spend some more time with his boyfriend.

I'm standing in a traditional white wedding gown made by Calypso. I have thanked her so many times, I think I might have annoyed her. She spent weeks on it, making sure that it was perfect. It's a simple dress, with a sweetheart neckline that had tiny diamonds dotting the hem and the neckline of the dress. The dress has fat straps that cover my shoulders (due to modesty) and the dress reveals enough skin without being too seductive. The white gown flares out at the waist and the hem ends at my ankles. And instead of wearing high heels, I've decided to wear white flats (they're already starting to get dirty). There is a little train to the dress, but not so much that I'll trip with every step. My hair is done in an elegant bun and in my right hand is my folded up vows.

I rub the piece of paper between my thumb and forefinger nervous and I look down at my engagement ring. It winks back at me when the sunlight catches it.

Piper makes eye contact with me.

"Nervous?" the Daughter of Aphrodite asks me. Nervous? That's an understatement. Absolutely, utterly, and completely terrified? That's the words I use. My stomach is churning and I feel the jitters from both fear and excitement and I feel the butterflies flying frantically in my stomach.

"How can I not be?" I ask in reply. "It's only one of the biggest milestones in my life that I'm about to go through!"

"Don't be nervous, Annabeth!" Calypso chirps. I turn to her. Calypso's hair is out of its braid and is in a bun, like mine. She's wearing a plum dress, just like the rest of my bridesmaids. Her hair is longer now, but not by much. For the five years she's been mortal again, her physical side has matured greatly and elegantly.

"Why shouldn't I be?" I ask Hazel.

"Well, for one, you've faced a lot of danger before this. I'm sure all of the danger can't be as fearful as your wedding day!" Hazel replies. I stare at her because she's right. It amazes how much Hazel has changed. She's now five-foot-five and a half and her curly hair has turned out to be quite beautiful. She has a beautiful figure and the plum dress she's wearing hugs it perfectly and completes the look of her eyes, hair, and skin tone. Piper has matured gracefully as well, always being herself; still cutting her hair herself, though she has gotten better at it.

"Do you love Percy?" Piper asks me. I turn my gaze to her.

"Of course I do!" I cry, hoping that the anger doesn't show through.

"Then, there's no reason to be nervous," Piper states. I stare at her.

"Okay, I'll try not to be," I say. Though the nervousness, jitters, and butterflies don't completely disappear, I feel a little better after them reassuring me. A knock sounds at the door. Hazel creeps over to the door, cracks it open a little and peeks out of the door.