Chapter 1: Muscle Mice

Start from the beginning

"HEY STOP THIS UN-FLAMBOYANTNESS! MORON!" he called out

"ATTACK! SQUAWK! ATTACK!" The bird continued, eventually encouraging the earlier sobbing bird to help him.

"You two! Stop!" The girl whisper-screamed in horror.

----------------------------------

Y/n closed the window behind them after shooing the birds out, sighing as she did.

'Kill me now, please God.' She thought as an imaginary tear ran down her cheek.

F/n L/n was a naturally shy person, she was as quiet as a mouse. She didn't speak, eat, walk, laugh, or even breathe loudly. She wasn't a trained demon slayer, but you wouldn't even be able to hear her enter a room she was so quiet. Adding to her shyness, she was afraid of many, many things. Including the six' foot tall man she now knew was a pillar, one of the strongest slayers in the world, just adding to her growing anxiety.

She breathed in and out clutching the window frame with a death grip, 'You can do this Y/n.' She thought, its fine just turn around and apologize...

The girl smiled and turned around with a small, yet trembling, smile on her face. She squeaked in surprise when she realized the man was now right before her, on one knee, bowing his head.

"I apologize L/n-Sama, I seemed to have forgotten my manners for a good minute there. That was not very flamboyant of me, I must admit." He closed his eyes and dipped his head a bit lower, he could practically hear this girl dripping in anxiety. It felt like her heart was right next to his ear, thumping at the speed of lightning. "Please forgive me if I have frightened you."

The girl stuttered and he peeked up at her, her s/c was paler than it was before, and her e/c eyes widened so much that he thought they were going to pop out of her head. "I-I Ummm." She mumbled, fumbling her hands.

"I am Uzui Tengen the new Sound Pillar of the demon slayer corps. You may have picked up on earlier that I would like your help training new animals to assist me on my missions." He said now moving his gaze fully back up to look at her.

"I see..." she mumbled.

She was so quiet that the only reason he could hear her was because of his enhanced sense of hearing, and even then, he had a bit of trouble hearing her.

"Uzui-san, I'm afraid I can't..." she looked at him and immediately stopped when he saw his eyes drilling into her. She squeaked, yet again, before sweating profusely. He was about to open his mouth before she interrupted him.

"T-tea! I forgot t-tea! I'm sorry, w-would you like some?" She offered while gripping the skirt of her F/c kimono. "You know what I'll go get some! Yea! Stay here!" She mumbled before practically stumbling out of the room.

The male mentally sighed, still on his knee. When he heard there was a trainer and caregiver for the crows after complaining to Himejima-san about the un-flamboyancy of his crow he was expecting someone a bit more, well, demonslayer-ish...Instead he got a scared little girl. He didn't know her exact age as he had just met her, but she was very small, smaller than his wives, so he was guessing he was around 15 or 16 so around 2 to 1 years younger than him.

He re-adjusted his position, so he was now sitting again before the table, his arm propping upon his crossed knees. He placed his head in his hand and boredly waited for the sounds of the nerve-wracked girl to come back. He could hear her currently scurrying and muttering to herself in a room a few doors down which he assumed was the kitchen.

He finally heard her footsteps come back and he averted his eyesight away from the slowly opening door in an attempt not to scare her. She walked in holding a teapot and two cups which shook violently in her small hands.

"I d-didn't know what tea you liked so..." she practically whispered before placing the two cups down and pouring the hot tea into them. He thanked her and averted his vision to the cup he had picked up while she slowly sat down.

They ended up sitting in silence for a few minutes. Both silently drinking, heads down while trying to figure out what to say to the other.

"L/N-Sama" The sound pillar said softly trying to attain eye-contact with the girl in front of him.

The girl gingerly peeked up at the pink-eyed stranger, earning her a soft smile in return from him.

"I understand you're scared of me but please try and listen to my request." He placed his cup down, "I have an idea to train mice to be my subjects and do my bidding, unfortunately." He sighed, looking to the side, "I have no prior experience to taming animals and I wouldn't even know where to start. I was hoping you may help me."

"Crows..." She muttered.

"What?"

"What's wrong with the crows?" She asked now fully giving him eye contact.

"They are, unflamboyant." He scoffed.

"U-un...unflamboyant?" She asked perplexed

"Yes, you see I" he pointed at himself, "I am The God of Festivities I must have flamboyant subjects under me, or my picture will be ruined!" He explained getting into a flashy pose. "I simply cannot have that!" he chuckled his volume getting higher.

"Well...I'm not so sure about mice...How exactly are they, um." She wondered to him.

"Flamboyant? Well not regular mice, my mice will be different! Like Ninjas!" He grinned switching poses yet again, now standing up. Completely forgetting about his objective not to startle the girl. "I will call them! Muscle Mice!" He laughed while extending his arm his other hand on his hip. "They'll have the muscle to do anything! They'll be sneakier than all mice in the world! Best of all! I make them as flamboyant as flashy possible! In fact, ill break that barrier! Everyone will fear them!" He laughed, clearly amused with himself, slamming his foot on the table, "EVERYONE SHALL KNOW THE FLAMBOYANCE AND FLASHYNESS OF THE GOD OF FESTIVITIES"

F/N widened her eyes a bit before giggling slightly at the giant man's speech, she quickly covered her mouth slightly trying to put it off as a cough. "I'm sorry but as...flamboyant, is it?"

The man nodded his head eagerly at her.

"As flamboyant as that sounds." She looked away from him, "I train crows not mice, I mean the closest I've ever gotten to one in training is when the crows..." She stopped short for a second before glancing back at him. "You know...eat them?"

The Sound Pillar didn't seem to give up hope though, "Its ok! New chapter! I know you're going to love it!" He said excitedly leaning onto his knee and leg more which was still propped on the table.

"No..."

"DO NOT WORRY AS WE SHALL WORK TOGETHER ON THIS!" He semi-yelled getting his old mojo back.

"I-I uh..."

"I SHALL HELP YOU AND TOGETHER FLAMBOYANCY SHALL BE RE-"He was stopped short when the table under him gave into his weight and his legs went crushing through the middle of it splitting it in half.

The two stared at the table in complete shock and silence, the girl had gone back to her trembling ways.

"Sorry..." he mumbled.

"P-please l-leave..."

A/N: Hi guys! (If any ones actually reading this, that is.) I'm sorry if this wasn't up to your expectations as this is actually my first time writing a fan book! If you have any suggestions or see any errors please do let me know!