Afterlife - When We Mourn For The Lives That Were Lost

I told you guys I'd do another chapter of after they die, what would happen, soooo...
That's what I'm doing!
Enjoy, enjoy!!

*3rd person POV*

The pink-haired lady swarmed into the Shogun's residence as fast as possible. The guards couldn't stop her in any way. Still, why would they?

She abruptly opened the door to Tenshukaku and screamed.

"Ei, I don't know if you're in there, but we have to go!"

The tall lady turned to face her old friend.

The look on her face was familiar. It wasn't the Shogun's cold look.

It was Ei.

"Miko? What are you doing here—?"
"Come with me.", the shrine maiden declared, dragging her by the arm.

The two ladies exited the city and the one that was named 'Miko' got her to the tent.

It took a while for Ei to understand who it was.

When she did, however, a quiet sob was heard.

"I really wanted to see him, even though he probably hated me.", cried Ei.

The kitsune lady looked over to her friend whom, once again, lost someone.

"He was a really good person, Ei. I'm sure that this was the way he wanted to leave."

Ei noticed the small note that was left on the ground.

She showed it to Miko and they read it together.

The note where Kazuha poured his feelings in. Those that were meant for the one that they knew as 'Kunikuzushi'.

"So that means... Kunikuzushi killed himself when the wanderer died?", Miko concluded, bluntly.

But it didn't matter for Ei. In the end, she saw him as his son and despite not being there for him, she couldn't stop crying.

"I'm sorry, Miko. I need to take a moment.", said Ei, walking away from the two empty corpses.

The shrine maiden waited as her friend left the scene, for obvious reasons. Despite not getting along with Kunikuzushi, he was a nice person, and so was the boy that adventured with him. She was wise enough to realize both of them had feelings for each other and that is why, when one left, the other one did, too.

It may sound like a trope to the novels she sells at the Yae Publishing House, but this time it was a true story. That's what made this situation bitter.

Still, Miko believes that, in the end, they're both happy now.

Ei came back to join Miko, that was still staring at the scene. Her face was all red and her eyes, swollen from all the crying.

"What are you going to do now, Ei?", asked the pink-haired lady.
"..."

What could she do? Ei left the puppet in Tenshukaku and made it slumber for the time being, but she didn't know that Yae Miko would call to her, and didn't expect it to face this kind of situation.