Chapter 15 - Ei

*3rd person POV*
*One day later*

The tall woman was glad to have news to please the Shogun. Her 'Eternity' is progressing, day by day, but since the wanderer and the purple-haired boy escaped to Liyue, she seemed ticked off more and more each day.

She pushed the doors of Tenshukaku and saw the Shogun, facing the wall. She turned slowly and looked at the woman.

"Oh, Sara. What's wrong?"
"Well, you see, when you sent the soldiers to Liyue, they used boat no.5. Guards found that boat on the shore of Narukami Island, but the soldiers weren't in it. So, that means they've arrived in Inazuma."

The Shogun was, obviously, very glad of the news. But Ei wasn't glad at all.

In the lonely Plane of Euthymia she created, Ei got up from her usual meditating position and thought about leaving the Shogun's body.

'The Shogun or the soldiers find them, Kunikuzushi dies. At the very least, I'll make him slumber in the Shakkei Pavilion once again. But Inazuma wouldn't be where it is without him.', Ei thought to herself.

As cruel as Ei might sound, that cold exterior of hers is due to the loss of countless people in her life.

Especially due to the death of her dear sister, Makoto.

Raiden Makoto could almost be seen as her other half. They both ruled Inazuma, but Ei tends to stay in the shadows.

Makoto's death in the Archon War gave Ei the responsibility to deal with Inazuma. Ei took the name of her sister, Baal, so continue ruling Inazuma. But with erosion, she created synthetic humans.

The first one she created was Kunikuzushi, now known as Scaramouche. And despite being viewed as a "failure", he is probably the most sophisticated artificial human, since he has actual feelings he developed himself.

Still, the other vessel Ei created, the Raiden Shogun, was seen as perfect. She didn't question Ei's ideal of Eternity, issued it without complaint, and gave Ei peace of mind to continue living without changing from vessel to vessel.

The only problem with the Raiden Shogun, though, was that her programming was created to eliminate every threat to Eternity. That means, if Ei abandoned killing Kunikuzushi just because she created him, the Shogun would strike against her.

That little flaw won't stop Ei from protecting her creation. She still feels like she owes him something, after all. It's the very least she could do.

As the Shogun issued the order to check all residences of Inazuma City, Ei tried to create a plan without turning the Shogun against her.

Still, nothing came to mind.

'I don't want to be the reason he dies. Because I'm the reason he's living, why would I kill him after that? It's almost as if all of that would've been for nothing.'

But Sara already left. She informed the Tenryou Commission soldiers and guards, they went around the city announcing the news.

Kamisato Ayaka was lucky enough to get the news as fast as possible.

She ran up to the room where the two runaways stayed.

"Hey, you two. Please get ready as soon as possible.", she said, hanging in the doorframe.
"Why, what's wrong?", asked Scaramouche, with a sleepy tone.
"They know about you two. They saw the boat, talked to the Shogun and now she asked them to investigate all of the residences. You need to get going as fast as possible.", Ayaka yelled.

Scaramouche woke up Kazuha in a hurry and they ran out of the house just in time. They jumped from the window and escaped from the guards.

"We're lucky that we were warned first.", whispered Scaramouche to Kazuha.
"If we were caught, it would be the end for us.", the wanderer added.

Looking away, Scaramouche bumped into a tall figure. Their long, pink hair reached the end of their legs.

'Is that who I think it is?', thought Scaramouche.

"Oh my... didn't expect to see you back at Inazuma, Kunikuzushi.", the woman said with her usual, sly tone.
"And who is that now?", asked Kazuha.
"...you've got to choose the worst timing... Yae Miko."

And—
BABAMMM!
CLIFFHANGER!

HELLO MY FELLOW READERS!
For these last few weeks I've seen most of you comment, and there's so much support I'm getting.
This is greatly contributing to my will to continue this series, so thank you all so much!!
The story is basically writing itself at this point BUT HEY. I'm enjoying it. And Yaeee! I've put her in here at the best moment, when she's gonna come out.
Anyone getting her? I'm not getting her bc I'm broke and I need best boy Kazuha but to everyone getting her, good luck with your pulls, may RNGsus be on your side.
This was a short chapter to complement the chapter I wrote earlier today, but I felt like it was necessary. I love Ei and I don't want her to be the bad guy ;-;

AND WOW 15 CHAPTERS HOW DID I LAST THAT MUCH TIME—

Now then, till next time!
-Author-chan

P.S: To all those who saw the recent Scara sussy leaks, I'm trying to believe them so bad. Let's hope this is it!!

(869 words)