Chapter 13 - Inazuma

*Scaramouche POV*
*2 days later, Inazuma*

"We're back...", the wanderer whispered, besides me.
"...We are.", I, too, said.

By taking turns each morning and night, it didn't take us much time to get to Inazuma. We were able to arrive there without missing gas or anything like that.
Also, the boat was surprisingly performant and it's speed was great.

Kazuha seemed reluctant to arrive in his homeland. I was, too. But after what happened, with the duel and his... friend's death. I didn't push him to talk about it, but he seems more... I don't know, free? He seems much less troubled, and a bit carefree, too.

I don't even understand how he accepts to hang out with me. I know we have the same goals, but he knows I'm created by the one who stroke down his friend, and he still continues to explore with me. I don't deserve someone like him.

Still, if he would've left, I don't know what I would've done.

Maybe I would go teach Ei a lesson myself.

We left the boat on a desert shore, and we could see Tenshukaku in the distance.

"She's just there...", I whispered.
"Don't get carried away, Scara. You try to get revenge now, we're dead.", Kazuha added.
"I know that full well. Don't worry, I won't be reckless. But I wonder... what will be her face when she sees me again?"

That question was spinning in my head over and over again. Would she be mad? Sad? Guilty? Or just happy?

Good thing I had Kazuha to make me calm down because I would easily run up to Tenshukaku to strike her down. Well, strike down the Shogun, but also her creator.

"We should get moving, or we'll be spotted.", Kazuha said, dragging me away from the shore.
"Right."

Next to us was a small forest, so Kazuha stopped there and we crouched to avoid being spotted.

"Do you know anyone who would like to take us in for a bit?", Kazuha asked me.

The only person coming to mind is the Guuji of the Narukami Shrine, Yae Miko, but she's so sly that she could easily tell Ei or Shogunate authorities about us.
Anyways, would she even accept seeing me again?

"Not really. The only one I know isn't trustworthy, so I'd rather pass."
"Hm... well, guess we've got no other choice.", the wanderer said.

He looked at the horizon and pointed. All I could see was Tatarasuna in the distance.

"After Kannazuka and Yashiori Island lies Watatsumi Island. And over there is the Resistance, with which I've hung out for a while. I know some friends there: they probably wouldn't mind us seeking shelter. We could help them fight, too. Oh, but only if you're okay with that.", he explained.
"I don't mind. We could get there. But should I go buy some gas for the boat?", I asked him.
"I noticed some spare gas tanks in the boat, they should be enough."
"Alright, I'm gonna get some food and we can set off."

As I was going to leave and go in the city to fetch food, Kazuha grabbed my hand. He looked at the ground, his face became a bit red.

"Please be careful out there.", he whispered.

I gave him a smile.