32.

"KYLE DID WHAT?!"

Mark stormed through our front door, Amy following suit. At least she remembered to close the door. I could tell Mark was angry. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. I was still curled up on the couch, Luna protectively on my lap, while Ethan and Mark stood off towards the entrance. Amy went straight to the kitchen, grabbing our kettle and filling it up with water.

"Kyle somehow found out where Y/N lives and got into the house."

"How is that possible? You don't show where you live at all!"

"I think he's been following me."

Mark and Ethan got quiet as I looked up, tears welling in my eyes again.

"And you didn't say anything?"

"I didn't want to freak you guys out." I wiped at the tears falling down my face.

"When did it start?"

"PAX. 2015. Amy and I were on our way back to the hotel and I thought I saw him out of the corner of my eye but I brushed it off because why would he be at PAX? He doesn't like that stuff."

"But why is he out here?" Ethan, who was still fuming, looked over at me. "What does California have to do with him?"

"College? I dunno."

"Is it worth it to get a restraining order?" Amy came back in with my favorite tea, which I took from her as she sat down on the couch next to me.

"I don't think there's enough evidence."

"He broke into your fucking house, Y/N."

"And I'm aware of that. I'm just saying, I don't think that's enough-"

"He's a danger to you, your mental health and your relationship with Ethan. I think a restraining order is needed."

"He's not a danger to our relationship. I'm in love with Ethan. Not him."

"It's worth a shot to at least ask, Y/N." Amy looked over at me, the softness of her voice calming me down. "Better to get a record going now then to let it go and have nothing happen."

Ethan looked up from his phone. "We could file Civil Harassment against him. Stalking falls under that."

"I don't know, guys, this turned out to be a lot more trouble than I wanted it to be and-"

"Hey," Ethan jumped over the back of the couch and made me look him in the eye. "You are not causing any trouble. Kyle is. We just want to keep you safe."

"I get that, I do, but I just-"

"Y/N, I know I said I wasn't going to be controlling but I'm telling you, you need to get a restraining order. Now."

I didn't want it to end up this bad. How the hell was I supposed to know this was going to happen? I didn't expect any of this to happen when we ended things. I rested my head on Ethan's shoulder, his hands grabbing mine and playing with them while Mark grabbed his phones and made some calls. I excused myself to go to the bathroom, grabbing my phone from where it was charging and locked the door behind me. I needed to end this, and I needed to end this now. I typed in his contact, hoping he didn't have me blocked.

[ 4:43pm ] you want to talk? fine. lets talk.

[ 4:45pm - kyle ] Perfect.

---

Three days had passed and it seemed that everyone forgot everything that had happened. At least, I hoped they did.

I didn't tell anyone, especially Ethan, that I had planned to talk to Kyle. I knew they would throw a hissy fit over it, and I wasn't in the mood for any sort of stern talking to. I needed to give him the closure he needed, and frankly I was tired of him following me. I needed it to stop. We all needed it to stop. I looked at myself in the mirror, making sure any and all parts of me were covered. I knew it wouldn't help much, but it made me feel more secure. Was it eighty degrees? Yes. Was I wearing a mock turtleneck shirt? Also yes. Did I care? No.