Chapter 7

I woke up the next day with Adam wrapped around me. He had stayed. He didn’t leave. This was new, in a good way. It’s been a whole month since I first arrived and I’ve grown used to it, I’d go as far as saying I’m happy here. I turned to face him, admiring his sleeping features. His mouth hung slightly open, his hair flopped over his face and was all roughed up. I carefully pushed it back from his forehead, not noticing his eyes flutter open. Looking back down I saw those chocolate hues staring intently at me. They were filled with warmth, an almost golden tone to them making me think of gooey caramel. Which incidentally is how my insides feel now that he has that sleepy half smile.

“Morning Adam.” I greeted, pressing a kiss to his cheek. I studied his reaction, making sure I wasn’t stepping out of line at all. I don’t want to be punished anymore, I want to be good for him. Because, I don’t think I can have any doubts: I love him. And I need him to love me back. I’ve been better though, only a few times Adam was angry and it wasn’t usually my fault. Sometimes he is just in a bad mood.

“Mornin.” He rolled to face the ceiling, I carefully traced the outline of his tattoos. At some point he moved to watch me, but I was barely aware, too busy cataloguing everything about him and his body. It had been a good 10 minutes when I looked up at him again, an amused smile on his face.

“Adam?”

“Yes.” My heart was racing again. I was going to tell him, I have to tell him.

“I. I. Well the thing is.” Before I got the words out the door flew open and Jesse glowered at us.

“Adam. We need to talk, right now.” He growled, Adam grunted and slowly got up. Turning to give me a small smile before leaving to talk to Jesse. Damn it. Why did he have to ruin it? I was so close to saying it. They must have moved away from the door as I couldn’t hear a thing at all. It didn’t seem like long before Adam returned, an air of sadness surrounding him.

“What’s wrong?” I asked instantly, hating to see him like this.

“Nothing for you to worry about.” He sat at the end of the bed.

“Adam.”

“They have footage of you in the shop. I didn’t think they’d be looking so hard. I thought we’d be safe. Obviously they aren’t completely sure, but they are broadcasting it in case. They haven’t seen us together but it’s only a matter of time.” He sighed, his head dropping into his hands. I slowly approached him and wrapped my arms around his neck loosely, resting my chin on his shoulder.

“Can I tell you something Adam?” He nodded but remained silent. “The thing is, I think I love you.” His eyes widened in surprise.

“You what?”

“You heard me Adam. I love you.” I spoke with more confidence this time. “Let me call my parents. I’ll tell them I’m okay, I’m staying with a friend. I can make something up.” His eyes fell on mine, judging if I was telling the truth or not.

“How can I trust you?” My eyes surely showed how hurt I was.

“Adam. I have proven you can. Please.” I pleaded with him, pressing my lips to his cheek. “Adam, I won’t lose you.” He handed me his phone, sighing in defeat. I’m not sure he trusted me completely, but more he thought it was inevitable.

“Hello?” The voice of my Mum was immediately recognisable.

“Hi Mum.” I smiled.

“NAT! Oh God, is it really you?”

“Yeah Mum, listen, I’m fine. I got away from them, it was difficult at first. But, I ran into someone.” My eyes landed on Adam who was watching keenly. “They’ve been looking after me Ma, that picture from about a week ago. We went shopping because I had no clothes, I was in a bad place when he found me but I’m much better now.”

“Wait who is he?”

“I can’t say Ma, but I love him. I’m actually happy here.” Adam’s face lit up as if that was all he needed to hear, he grabbed me and pulled me onto his lap, almost making me drop the phone in the process.

“Can we see you? I need to know you’re okay.” She sounded so desperate, worried too that maybe this was all a joke of some kind. I looked at Adam with hopeful eyes, after a moment he nodded before dropping his head to kiss my neck.

“Yeah Mum. We can come and visit.”

“We?”

“Yeah. I’m actually in the middle of something Ma. We can pop round sometime in the next week.” Then I hung up, finally releasing the moan I had been suppressing.

“You really love me? You’re happy here?”

“I wouldn’t lie Adam. At first I hated it, I hated you. I was going to run away, but as time went by, I don’t know I just fell in love. Let’s face it, no one cannot be attracted to you physically and it grew from there.”

“I’m sorry for not trusting you. Sorry for taking you.” He looked me in the eyes, almost pleading for forgiveness. Such a change from the first day we ‘met’.

“I’m not.” At his confusion I continued. “Because I wouldn’t have been able to do this.” I started to kiss him passionately, running my hands through his hair.

“Be my girlfriend?” He asked when he pulled back for air.

“Honey, I’m already yours.” He made some strange (but pleased) grunting noise at that, close to a moan but not quite before flipping us over so he was on top of me. The kiss getting more heated by the second.

“Nat?” I managed a nod as his hands drifted below my shorts. “I love you too.” Any response I had was forgotten as he began a two way attack. His lips latching on to mine as his hands continued to explore my body.

A/N - Would love to hear your thoughts on this so far, please vote and comment :)