[39]

Breakfast came, the madrigals are incomplete and a few visitors were with them at the table.

Maria, Dannia, [F/n], and Samuel are on the other side of the table which is in front of the shapeshifter, they were wearing smiles on their face that doesn't even reach their eyes. They look like a lifeless mannequin that only served to please people around them, it's quite a disturbing sight for others but mostly to the shapeshifter and his sister.

Although, he couldn't be bothered by their presence right now. He tried asking you out this morning, telling you that he'll go with you to have a walk around the backyard so you could have fresh air because you have locked yourself inside his room again.

Camilo kept glancing at his sister, confused and worried. 

Ever since she talked with you, you haven't gotten out of the room, you didn't even try fighting him when he said that you can't go out anymore which he was glad about it but the fact that you and Dolores have been quiet, made him worried sick for you, as well as his sister. 

"Hermana, what did you tell [name] when I left you two alone three days ago?" He asked, no beating around the bush and just straight to the point because he want to know- no, he needed to know what kind of conversation that you two had for you to be afraid of going out of the room. 

"I think it's better if she told you herself," Dolores whispered against him before going back to the breakfast in front of her, his heart beating inside his chest faster, a dreadful feeling settling upon on his chest.

It was just him who was scared at first but the terrified expression you had when he mentioned you going out to the backyard with him, made him curious, annoyed and worried. He thought that he kept on worrying over every single, simple thing when it includes you without him by your side. That's why he's both relieved and anxious at the fact you agreed to be locked up without any hesitation. 

He jumped from his seat when Pepa's thundering clouds above her head had hit the wooden table in front of him, his hazel eyes glanced towards his mother who looked at him with distaste and displeasure plastered on her face. 

"Why are you two whispering?" Pepa raised an eyebrow at him, the thunders above her getting worse as the minutes passed by. 

Camilo fixed himself on his chair, brushing his curly dark hair away from his face and forcing a bright smile towards his mother who looked at him like he did something wrong, "Nothing, Mami, I just asking her about [nam-"

He was struck with a bolt of lightning in the nose causing him to shift into you, Dolores, Bruno, you once again before going back to himself when the pain subsided a little, he rubbed his face with both hands and the tears that gathered at the corner of his eyes made his vision blurry. 

"Why are you talking about someone who wasn't even here?" Pepa scowled, her eyes darting between her daughter and son who could only look away from the scornful look of their mother.

She's been aggressive and aloof when it comes to you, the complete opposite when you first arrived and when the two of you got married. She would get annoyed when your name is mentioned, she will get upset if Camilo tries to go away from her because he needed to go back to you. The shapeshifter loves her with all his heart but isn't this what she wanted in the first place?

To love, to cherish, and to be happy with you? 

So why is she opposed to the idea of him coming back to comfort his wife? Why is she so irritated at the mention of your name in every given chance? Can't she see that he's happy to be with you? Can't see that he's finally loved and treasured by someone who accepted him because he's just him? Can't she see that someone accepted him not because of his gift or his name but he's just Camilo? 

His heartache at the thought of you and his mother not getting along, he would rather have you to be in his mother's arms, laughing and smiling together at something that one of you had said, he would rather see you getting along with his baby brother and not avoiding him with the best of you can, he would rather let you go out of his room to have fun and do whatever you want, but how can he do that when there's a lot of unexplainable things that is happening around the magical house?

He stayed quiet for the rest of the breakfast, he was the first one to stand up when it finally ended, he was the first one to sprint out of the house to do his chores on the town, he was the first to go away from the [last name] family and didn't expect of what was about to happen. 

The Madrigals and the [Last name]s had walked out of the casita, each of them having a conversation of their own and seemingly enjoying every bit of it. Maria clung to her mother's side with Dannia and your father talking joyously with her grandmother.

"Mirabel," Dolores called out to her younger cousin and the mentioned girl turned to her, "Can you stay with [name] for a while? I'll just finish my chores along with Maria and Mami then I'll come back quickly."

Mirabel nodded her head, raising her hand to give Dolores a thumbs up before scurrying away from the older madrigal, she watched Mirabel walk back inside of Casita but a terrifying sound made her stop from moving away from the magical house.

Dolores's head perked up at the sound of a window breaking, your ragged breathing, and heartbeats that became faster with anxiety, she can hear someone- a man talking to you, his voice sounded very familiar but she can't pinpoint who it is.

Her body moved on its own, hands gripping her red skirt tighter at the sound of you struggling at the person's strong grip, she can hear every muscle moving caused by the two-person inside her little brother's room.

The sound of ice shards piercing that person's skin reached her ears then your muffled scream of help soon followed, she ran faster then her eyes caught Mirabel's dancing and singing figure at the middle of the staircase.

"Mirabel! [Name]'s getting abducted! Run!" She yelled out at the top of her lungs and her own voice piercing her ears which made them bleed ever slightly, her eyes glistened with tears from the pain that came from her ears but the sound of an unknown object being pierced on someone's skin made her cry the most. 

"Fuck! You shouldn't have struggled, now look at what happened! I fucking stabbed you- Shit! Don't pass out on me, [name]!" 

Mirabel finally reached Camilo's room with the help of Casita.

Dolores watched everything happen right before her eyes, a hooded person had pushed Mirabel off the second floor's railing as soon as she slammed the door open then that person jumped in the air, Dolores and the person made eye contact with each other which made the stranger's eyes widened in shock before he got consumed with a thick black fog.

He vanished in the air, along with you unconscious, in that stranger's arms.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

Here's the last chapter for today, I'm tired but I wanted to post this before taking a rest.

I hope y'all liked this one. <3