[15]

The evening arrived rather quickly, all of you are tired from the chores on the town and the preparations for your wedding isn't done yet but the sun already set which indicates that everyone should stop and continue tommorow.

Julieta, Mirabel and Bruno had to go home a little early so they can start cooking for dinner. Your family are coming back for the wedding after tomorrow, you don't know if you should be happy or not.

You're gonna get married to the man you barely know, he also despised you and he made it obvious by his constant reminder of pranks and annoyed remarks, although you were confused why he was acting strange towards you right now.

Camilo hasn't left your side for the whole day, wherever you go, he'll follow close behind you just to make sure that you won't pass out or have another frostbites attack.

You also haven't talked to him ever since you walked out of your room, you just let him do what he wants as long as he's not on your way with your tasks.

The kids showed how much they had miss you but giving you tons of different kind of things. Daniel especially gave you a bouquet that he took from his mother's garden, he made sure to double his chores because of it though.

You scolded the kid slightly but nonetheless rewarded him by leaving a kiss on top of his brown hair which made Camilo alert of how the kid reacted towards you.

Maria gave you a whole basket of your favorite bread while clinging to your side for the whole day, she and Camilo ended up bickering because she got too close to you yet you didn't say anything about it.

You just muttered in a quiet voice, face void of any emotion as you spare the young woman a glance. "As long as you're not in the way and bothering me then it's fine."

Maria couldn't let go of you after that, she totally love how you would look down at her, belittling her entire presence as you continue to do what you have to do.

Camilo didn't have enough time to spend with the love of his life because she kept clinging to you instead of him, the young woman's action irritated him so bad to the point that he has to pull you away because he knew that Maria would just forcefully get away from him.

He sighed softly, the moon already showed itself behind the white and puffy clouds.

The two of you are now walking back to Casita after dropping Maria off infront of her house, the shapeshifter could only stand and watch on the sidelines as the woman gushed over you.

"Thanks." Camilo stopped in his tracks when he heard your audible whisper.

"What?" He asked, bewilderment filling his whole being before catching up to you.

"You stayed by my side for the whole day, I needed that so thank you." You didn't bat him a glance but when he turned to you, he can a small smile lingering on your lips.

You didn't expect to have a panic attack just because Alma called for you and Camilo, you didn't expect to pass out infront of a stranger, not infront of Camilo for sure, but you surely didn't expect for him to take care of you.

After all, he made it clear that he despised you by making your everyday miserable so his actions didn't really make sense for you, but you're thankful because of it.

The shapeshifter beside you stayed quiet, his hazel eyes staring at you as the moonlight shine down on your face, it compliment your features and the sight before him, completely took his breath away.

He had to force himself to remove his gaze from you, besides, he can see your family standing outside of Casita.

He unintentionally moved closer to your side when Irisia's brown eyes glared down at him coldly, she watched him trail behind you like a lost puppy.

"Sis!" Jasmine perked up, her shining [color] eyes collided with yours before running towards you with open arms, tackling you in a hug.

You smiled lovingly towards your sisters then to your cousin before your smile turned into a scowl when your eyes landed on your father's sweet smile.

"Hello, my beloved daughter." He cooed towards you, stretching his hand as he grasp your elbow to pull you in a hug.

"I hope you did your best to seduce the idiotic madrigal." His hot breath fanned against your ear while hugging your smaller form tightly, his whisper was quiet but you're sure that Dolores heard it loud and clear.

Disgust and hatred crawled under your skin, wanting to push the man away but decided against it. His words were painful for you though. The madrigal from behind you took care of your freezing body when he, himself, couldn't even take care of his own daughter.

You plastered a forced smile on your face and pushed your father 'gently' before taking a step back and entertwine your fingers with Camilo.

"I didn't do anything of that, father." You stated, slightly spitting out venom at the last word.

You grasp your youngest sister's hand with your other hand then you squeezed Camilo's hand with yours before dragging the two of them inside the magical house.

You felt Camilo tightened his hand with yours reassuringly, he can feel the frostbites creeping up on your skin again so he knew that something is wrong.

The interaction between you and your father was off that he catch up what is happening so he decided to play along with your action and followed behind you closely.

"Dannia, Samuel, make sure that stupid daughter of mine won't do anything to ruin the wedding." Camilo's eyes widened when he heard his statement from behind him, their footsteps are loud enough to cover up their voices.

Did you father thought that you and him are far enough to not hear him?

"Yes, uncle." The twins answered in unison, no ounce of remorse in their voice as they follow behind you closely.

Camilo felt his heart drop to his stomach, his hazel eyes glancing to your face with worry and pity.

Is this how your father treat you? He said this words like it was a normal thing to say and he felt like that it wasn't the first this happened, considering the way your cousins' quick responses to his demand.

Somehow, he started to feel bad.

He doesn't know what is happening in your family, he doesn't know how they treat you. The whole flattery and cheery smiles that your father gave to his grandmother might be a facade.

But he doesn't know how to make him show his true colors, his true intentions because he knew that your father is one of a dangerous man from your family.

He can only wish for the best and hope that you won't do anything rash to stop the wedding from happening.

Because, his family's safety is way more important than anything.