[34]

"Are you pregnant?" Antonio asked, his little hand gently caressing your stomach while flickering his gaze to your troubled expression then back to the bump.

Being under pressure is understandable.

You don't know what to say, your mind thought about the negative feelings you had for the past few days, you pursed your lips and bit your tongue as you try your best to calm yourself to stop from panicking.

You looked down at the youngest madrigal and you pushed him slightly before going down on one knee, you grabbed his shoulders and looked at him straight in the eyes.

"Antonio. I'm not sure what you are trying to pull here but we can't be too sure that I am pregnant, okay?" You squeezed his shoulders, "I'm only getting fatter because.."

Your thoughts raced back to the time when Isabella looked at you in disgust, her words echoing in your mind and engraving a scar on your heart.

The Madrigals are beautiful and amazing people, their beauty is on another level compared to yours and heck, even your siblings, cousins and your father are attractive. All of them are blessed with powerful gifts and breathtaking beauty.

You can't help but feel disappointed in yourself, your looks, your abilities and your personality are making you sick. You can't help but compare yourself to them and their amazing traits, what's so amazing about you anyway? What did your husband love about you? What did Alma see in you to make you marry her grandson? What did you little sisters see in you to make them look up at you?

You've been nothing but a pawn to your father's wishes, he used you to his heart content until you turned eighteen and had you marry a stranger with another magical gift.

You were his favorite [last name] due to your abilities. Your gifts got enhanced when you first killed someone with your wind blessing then when your ice one appeared, it got enhanced when your mother accidentally got hit with the shards on the blizzard that you had caused.

Your abilities were used to hurt people, what if your father's next wish is for you to do something terrible to your husband's family? What if he wanted you to go on another war that he had caused? You didn't want to go back to the [last name] mansion, you didn't want to be his 'right hand woman' anymore, you just want to be free, to be happy, to experience love and warmth.

But you knew that you can't have any of those if your father is still around, somehow, you felt the unsettling feeling increased inside your chest as it only get heavy with even more guilt and anxiety.

You forced a small smile on your face and caressed Antonio's cheek.

No matter what happen, I'll do my best to become useful and protect all of you. An unspoken promised had been engraved inside your mind.

"I'm only getting fatter because I eat too much. There's no way I'm pregnant, me and your brother doesn't want to make mami Pepa upset." You cooed and placed a loving kiss on his cheek.

Antonio pursed his lips but it soon curled up into a small smile, "Okay! Let's go to Tio [F/n]? He said that he missed you so much! He kept visiting us when you and Camilo are out of town!"

He grabbed your hand and started to pull you towards the door, hearing his words made you feel uneasy. Your father had been visiting la casa Madrigals? And specifically, when you weren't here to at least observe his movements?

The anxiety only increased as the two of you stepped out of Camilo's bedroom. The frostbites made its presence known by covering your whole hands and legs.

Your eyes caught the sight of your father, Alma and Felix talking to each other. All of them are smiling and laughing as they converse among themselves.

You looked to the side and saw your husband going up the stair with your older cousin trailing behind him.

Camilo is the first one to look at you with a big smile on his face, he was carrying a plate of Arepa and some [favorite snack] along with it. He carried the plate in one hand before he wrapped his arm around your waist and dipped in to leave a loving kiss on your lips.

"Dios mio, why are you getting cold again?" He was quick to notice the frostbites on your hand. He motioned for Antonio to let go of you and he immediately grasped your hand with his warm ones.

"Just.. Some thoughts." You murmured, eyes glancing to your cousin who looked like she was forcing herself to be in your presence which made you uncomfortable.

She seem to notice that you were looking at her because a bright and gentle smile crept to her lips as she wave towards you weakly, her smile didn't reach her eyes and you couldn't help but get suspicious of her.

"I told you to stop overthinking, mi amor." Your husband's voice made you turn away from your cousin's face, he looked at you with worry and panic in his hazel eyes.

The moment you turned away, both Antonio and Dannia shared a knowing glance. Their eyes glowing a bright grey momentarily before the youngest madrigal turned to his brother and tugged on his yellow ruana.

The two of you looked at Antonio and his big doe innocent eyes stared at his big brother, "Mami is looking for you earlier. I forgot to tell you because I was excited to talk to [name]."

You blinked slowly and turned to your husband, you gave his hand a squeeze telling him silently that he needed to go to his mother, that you'll be fine without him by your side for a moment but the shapeshifter didn't budge from his spot and only smiled at his little brother.

"I'll go to her after taking care of my wife." His hand reached out to caress Antonio's hair and chuckled when the little boy giggled caused by his action.

Then he turned to you, hand squeezing yours tightly before pulling you back inside his room. He gave the youngest madrigal a smile before he quickly closed and locked the glowing door.

"Camilo-" You got startled when he turned to you, the bright smile he has on his lips was gone and just pure seriousness and worry plastered on his face.

He ushered you further inside his room, he made you sit down on the bed while he placed down the plate full of food on the bedside table.

"What's wrong, Camilo?" You asked, uncertainty dripping from your voice.

You heard him let out a sigh before he kneeled infront of you and grabbed your cold hands with his warm ones, his hazel eyes looked at you with worry with his lips quivering slightly.

"I don't know what's happening but.." He squeezed your hand while he heaved a deep breath, "I feel like something is wrong with Antonio and mami."

- [ ☘︎ ] -

Have a bitter breakfast y'all!

I hope this one is enjoyable and satisfying for all of you.