[03]

"Mami, deep breathes in, deep breathes out." The eighth older madrigal muttered to his mother.

Today is the day that the [L/n]s will arrived at their town, he heard that their family is full of powerful generation that kept growing. He knew that his grandmother wanted their magic to be strong but he didn't want to marry someone that he doesn't know.

"But mijo! Mama decided to marry you of with some strangers!" Pepa exclaimed, the clouds above her head released a couple of lightning as her tears run down her cheeks.

Pepa believed that her son should marry someone that he loves dearly, someone that will make her son genuinely happy and content.

Camilo could only smile at her, rubbing her shoulders reassuringly.

"Mami, I'm fine with anyone.." His voice broke slightly as his eyes trail down on the floor, "I'm sure that I'll get over Maria soon.."

Pepa frowned and his statement only made the rain fall harder, "Mijo.. I know that you love that girl, this is why I told you to court her and now look.. Your abuela decided to arranged you to marry the daughter of [F/n]."

Maria Valentina, the town's beautiful and kind butterfly. The person who love for the past three years and he couldn't confess because of the doubt that flutter inside his chest.

"I know, mami.. But I can't refuse Abuela, she looked so happy and excited about this [Name] person." Camilo sighed deeply, letting go of his mother's shoulder to run a hand on his face.

A tear slipped from his eyes before it continued to roll down his freckled cheeks like a waterfall.

Felix and Dolores both looked at the two of them, pity and sadness on their eyes before they continued to help for preparing the dining hall for the visitors— and the future new madrigal.

— [ ☘︎ ] —

The Madrigals stood infront of the door, Dolores said that she heard the familiar voice of [F/n] that kept getting louder as they kept getting near.

"They're here." The second oldest of grandchildren announced towards her grandmother.

The door slammed open, revealing a bunch of beautiful and breathtaking people. All of them stepped inside the house, eyes staring straight at them with blankness.

Camilo shifted uncomfortable beside his parents, his heart beating inside his chest with anxiety as he glanced around the people.

[Color] eyes collided with his hazel ones. Your face is void of emotion, your complexion seem to be a little pale compaired to the healthy looking complexion of your cousins and siblings.

"Señor [L/n]. I'm so glad that all of you arrived safely in our land." Alma stated, a smile adorned her elderly yet deary face.

"Same here, Señora Madrigal." Your father replied with a sickly sweet and innocent smile plastered on his lips, it was as if he turned into a completely different person.

It made you and your siblings shivered with hate and disgust, all of your gazes are boring holes behind his head.

The reactions of the new generation of [L/n] didn't go unnoticed by a couple of Madrigals, the friendly grandchildren both shared a look before focusing back on their grandmother's speech.

"Oh my, how rude of me." Alma exclaimed, "Let's go to the table! All of you must be tired, don't worry! The dinner is already served, Señor."

They all walked outside, with all of you following behind the adults.

"Now, why don't we make [Name] and Camilo take a seat beside each other?" Your father suggest which made Alma smiled wider.

You didn't say anything and just took a seat, head lowered and face still void of emotion. You don't know what to feel except sorrow and agony, you're already inside the house of your future husband.

You wanted to back away but you know that your father held your family captive, you don't want their life to be on the front line of the war just because of his selfish desire but you can't do anything except by obliging silently.

Once all of you are seated, both the family head engaged in a conversation. The topic was not that interesting for the other family members because the grandchildren of the [L/n] are judging the Madrigals with their hardened gaze, eyes glaring to their soul as they silently eat their meal.

Are they always this emotionless? Camilo thought bitterly, palms sweating and lips pursing with nervousness.

"Sis, do you want my [favorite bread]?" Jasmine whispered to you from across the table.

Camilo looked over at your sister, curiosity on his eyes along with the other Madrigals. They watched the little girl give Irisia the bread so the young woman can give it to you easily.

"Thank you, sweetheart." You stated, your hand raised slightly as a pair of snowflakes appeared on your palm and the wind blew it towards your little sisters' noses.

Jasmine giggled when the snowflake melted on her nose while Irisia gave you a small smile before it quickly dropped, reverting back to her expressionless one.

That simple interaction between you three made the other Madrigals relaxed a little bit, their shoulders slowly dropped before focusing completely on their meal.

Camilo is extra slow to eat his food today, the same anxiety that he felt earlier resurfaced upon hearing his grandmother clapping her hands together to catch the people's attention.

"We all know why we have gathered here today, no?" Alma asked, her eyes glancing at you and her grandson.

"Me and Alma have decided to let Camilo and my oldest daughter to marry each other." Your father stated, a sweet smile on his lips as his dark eyes glanced at your blank gaze that was pointed towards him.

"It's for our family's own good, to make the magic stronger." Alma ended her statement with a proud smile.

Everyone cheered around the table, more forced than willing to be honest.

Then the two head of the family stood up, smiling widely to their family members and [F/n] spoke up.

"We're planning to stay here for tonight but after tommorow, we'll be leaving except for [Name]."

You breath got caught in your throat, frostbites covering your lower body upon hearing your father's words. Your cousins and siblings shot your father a bewildered look, each of their eyes held a different kind of emotion.

Your father took a step forward and walked over to you, his hands caressing your head down to your shoulders with care and gentleness.

"I just thought that maybe, letting her stay here will make the two of them get to know each other better?" Your father's tone sounded so sweet that it makes you want to puke.

"After all, the two of them will get married at the end of the month." You tried your best to hold back the tears that wanted to fall, your father's hands gripped your shoulders threateningly.

His words delivered a different message to you and it makes you want to murder him right there.

'No matter how much you want to disobey, you'll still marry this man if you want your sisters' lives to be safe.'