"Family got killed in a shootout, they were merely caught in the crossfire, I was left to fend for myself since I had no other family, that's when I found Stephan, he showed me the ropes of how to be a criminal" she said and bit her pie again.

"How long did you do it?"

"Almost six years, I decided its a crap life to run from the cops all the time so I used some of the money from the dope I sold and went into police academy"

"You sold dope?"

"Used it as well, I had to test my product somehow"

Tom snickered and ate from his pie.

"I was about twenty two when I passed the academy, that I did for about two years when I became a psychiatric forensics analyst, the government helped me study for that this time, and about five years after that I became a detective"

"What made you decide to join the feds?"

"A 'If you can't beat them join them' mentality, I got tired of running"

"If you don't mind me asking..." Tom said giving her a squinted gaze "Your son, and your uncle, didn't you say you had no family?"

A twitch from her eyebrow told Tom she might have lied about that, but she smiled and took that bullet in her fingers again.

"Luke was the son of the kingpin, and the father of him was his uncle naturally... The crash he died in was a hit Snyders, they targeted Jonas, not Luke, he just happened to be in the car with him"

"I take it that's what made you decide to join the cops?" He asked and she nodded.

"Well, I'm sorry about your son, and good for you, getting out of that life n'all"

"Thanks" she said and finished her pie.

"Now where does Apex run? Are they still running?"

"Here and there, they're not the mafia or the cartel, they're small time dealers who get by in the scraps, but they're not afraid to eliminate their competition"

"Who was responsible for the hit on Jonas?"

"Another gang, but they paid the price"

Tom felt that conversation hit a threshold, he decided to look into gangs on his own time, get behind the swing of the axe with it, for now though he wanted to go see Faust, it was the next step after Monroe.

"Let's go"

"Faust next?" She asked.

"Yes, let's see if we can get some details about his blood diamond theory" Tom said heading back to the car.

"Why do you say its a theory?" She asked as they got in.

"High end smugglers will always deny the truth, stamping it as a theory, until proven otherwise" Tom said opening his file.

"What if we dig too deep and he sends his hitmen after us?"

"If he does that, we'll know he's guilty"

Angela nodded and drove out, the building of Faust was on the other side of town, as one approaches its clearly similar to Adele's setup, the glass mirrored and the structure tall, what would a jewel dealer to with such a high building anyway? How many workers do you need to sell the stuff?

Tom had many questions still to the both of them, for now, it would be the truth about how the did it, instead of why.

Author's note:

Heya peeps sorry for the late update, I had an exam to write recently.

Please excuse if there was any drug reference here without a warning, I'll be sure to warn ahead of time if it gets a little more deeper than dope, and it will probably.

Thanks for the read.