Chapter two.

Watching my mother picking flowers, from the garden. While I played with the butterflies. Was a joyful time for us. There is only but a few times. When I could have seen pure happiness, thru her eyes. There was a time, the my mother’s hair was long enough. To even touch the grounds the walked on. But now… for some unknown reason. It has been cut, shoulder length.  The beauty that once was her. Now has only crumbled away. She has a scar from under her right eye. Down her cheek, and almost touching the side of her bottom lip. I always asked about it. But she would stray off the subject. Like she didn’t want me to know, what really happened. My mother was trying to jar me back awake.

“ Lorena get up. Lord Avalon, won’t be pleased. Get up quick. “ - as she was trying to help me up. But to know avail.

“ I’ve got it mother. Uuuggghhhh… One of these days… “

“Lorena shut it. Don’t let me here you talk like that. I… I.. mean… I won’t be able to do much. But if he hears you… “

Shacking my head, never really understanding her. I mean one minute she is trying to protect me. Then the next she wants to be quiet. I quickly get up. Shrugging my shoulders, while dusting off my dress.

Walking past mother, and out my door. Heading for the library. If these walls could talk… All the history they could have seen. Let alone all the evil, pain, torture and death… it was once a beautiful kingdom. Seeing the beaming light of the fire place, from the hallway. Half wanted me to run and never return. Only knowing that, that would never happen. Slowly pushing the door open. Seeing that he was seated, right in front of it.  I stopped, making sure to remember my self. Tapping on the door, first.

“ Who is it? “ - he said with the sound of alcohol, on every word.

“ Its me Lorena, your lordship. May I come in? “ - saying as my head was lowered.

“ Oh you… Ssmmhhh… Come in and take you place. I’m going to have a word with you. “

Nodding my head, understand. I swiftly walk over to the spot. He had gave me, oh so long ago. He said that my place was always sitting on the left side, at his feet. So I sat down, trying to get warm some by the fire. Quickly noticing that he had a glass cup in his hand. Full of his favorite brew. Vodka, rum and something else I was never really sure of.

“ You think your so special don’t you?? You aren’t anything. But trash. To do with, what I feel like. “ - he said watching my every movement. As he took a swig, of his drink.

I sat in silence. As I have learned, from before. To never say anything. Unless he asked me to.

He leaned down closer to me. I could smell his nasty breath, as if it was crawling on my own skin. He took his index finger, trailing it down the side of my face. Trying hard not to vomit up my lungs.

“ you were pretty once, Lorena. Don’t know what happened to you. Maybe I’ve been to hard. Hhhmmm… “

Grabbing my throat, forcing my face up. So that I had to look him in the face. Becoming tighter with his grip.

“ Naaaa… I believe that I haven’t been hard enough. I bet your mother, never told you the truth about you. Huh? ”

I shook my head, “ No… ss..she hasn’t.. “

“NNNNoooooo… “ - as mother was running into the room. “ Don’t pleaseeee… “

He stood up, grabbing a hold of her throat to.

“ Both of you, have been a pain in my back side. Not making me enough money. To even keep this kingdom running. “

He thru me back on to the floor. Letting go of my throat.