"Stay here for like—fifteen more minutes and then just, wake up," He pats my face and leaves me alone in the room.

Baby

  The one word spins in my head to the point where I'm dizzy off of it. I wish he didn't have this effect on me but at the same time I'm so happy to feel this way. I feel like a stupid little girl and maybe it's because I kinda am.

   Over the past couple days I've realized that I was never in love with Adrien—he was just the only guy giving me attention and pretending to care. The denial part of me initially used Adrien as a way to cope with JJ and I never realized it until I also realized—I'm in love with JJ Maybank. Even the thought is enough to give me a jumpscare.

   I can hear them doing stupid shit and Big John told them to quiet down at some point. Fifteen minutes fly by when all you're doing is listening to teenage boys argue and sit on your phone. If I stretch and make myself yawn it'll make it look like I just got up. I force a stretch which results in a loud yawn. I swing my legs over and notice my sneakers on the floor and giggle a bit. I ruffle my hair but before I leave I remember to text my mom where I'm sleeping knowing she'll have no problem with it. I really don't think I left clothes here so I have no idea what I'm wearing to school or to bed.

  I open the door and whatever conversation was happening stops and everyone is looking at me.

"Morning?" I joke knowing how late it is. "How was your nap?" John B hides his smile with his water bottle. "I fell asleep outside and ended up here so, ruined?"

"I took your shoes off for you," Pope says so proudly. "Thank you, Pope," I ruffle his hair. He sends me a look but I ignore it. My eyes caught a glimpse of JJ's that followed me around the house.

Baby.

   Goddamn—I won't be able to escape this will I? I want him to call me that in front of them like he did with calling me princess. "Where are these clothes I apparently left? Pretty sure I took them home to wash them."

   "I think they're in my room—give me a sec," JB goes into his room. "Did you know if you're dreaming a lot it means you have a healthy brain?" Pope spits out a random fact that is quite interesting. I have a lot of dreams but I can assure you I don't have a healthy brain. "I never have dreams. I don't think that means my brain is rotting away," JJ comments. "Okay, so, you did take them home but—Kie has left some clothes here you can wear." John B throws a pair of Kiara's pajama shorts at me but I don't catch them. I let them fall in front of me. I want nothing to do with her—including her hippie shorts. "Wow, you suck at catching."

  "I don't like those shorts," I cross my arms and shrug at the brunette. "It's not a fashion show, Sam. Just wear them to bed." Pope tries to convince me but I roll my eyes.

JJ sighs from behind me, "I—uh—you can wear the shorts I left here."

  Nope, absolutely not. "It's fine—I'm wearing sweatpants. I'll just sleep in those." I put a leg out like it isn't obvious I am indeed wearing sweatpants. JJ shakes his head, "You've been wearing those all day. Stop being Stubborn Sammy and put on my shorts," He leaves the living room to go find them. I do not want to fall more in love with JJ. I've worn his clothes before but I cannot do this right now.

  Any normal girl would be losing her mind at the thought of the guy she loves offering her his clothes. Instead I am having a crisis.

"Stop him!" I whisper to the two boys in front of me. "Why? This is what every girl wants," John B whispers back. "Not me! I'll panic!" They both roll their eyes and JB throws his hands up, "I am not stopping—young love. Even if you're breaking the rules." These two are no help. JJ walks back out, "I found shorts and a hoodie you can wear—"