Chapter 53 Tommy Shelby

Zacznij od początku

"My Lady?" Frances said knocking on the door.

"I shall be out soon Frances, can you help Mary prepare everything for tonight please?" Y/n asked only Mary and Frances knew of her pain, they had seen the bruises where she had hit herself constantly to feel something, or held up a lighter to her skin, or dragged a razor blade across her pale skin...or used alcohol and drugs both of them had seen the state she had been in for months, but even her husband could not notice.

Maybe he didn't want to believe he was killing his wife.

This is how she had gotten away with it, making excuses so they didn't see the extend of it, knowing it would cause them to blab to Thomas.

Y/n pushed herself out of the water changing into the long dress, pulling round a cardigan she got comfortable at her vanity quickly applying make up.

"Would you like me to call the doctor?" Mary asked at the doorway, Y/n looked up.

"No thank you, I am just tired" Y/n said Mary nodded her head lightly helping her do her hair.

"What time did you wake me?" Y/n asked softly.

"11 Lady, I thought you would like to sleep in, it's nearly 2 now" Mary said softly.

Y/n thanked her as Mary helped her stand both of them moving downstairs and into the study room.

Y/n sat down picking up a book she had discarded yesterday and began reading.

"Would you like me to put some music on?" Mary asked.

"Please if you don't mind" Y/n said she only nodded, minutes passed.

"My Lady would you like anything to eat or drink?" Mary asked softly.

"Whiskey please Mary" Y/n said Mary nodded trying not to sigh she poured her a double knowing she would ask for one and placed it on the table.

Y/n thanked her finishing it quickly.

"Anything else my Lady?" Mary asked.

"Maybe some vodka if it's not too much trouble" Y/n said Mary only nodded moving towards the kitchen she brought the bottle with her.

"Thank you Mary, please go relax take the afternoon off if you would like" Y/n said Mary thanked her moving towards the kitchens helping the Chef prepare.

Y/n sat drinking the bottle quickly becoming empty, another two hours passed and it was already 5 o'clock, Y/n looked up as the door was pushed open.

"The Master shall be here soon" Mary said quickly.

"Is his car here?" Y/n asked her voice slow as she spoke.

"It's pulling in now" Mary said softly, Y/n nodded moving to pick up the vodka bottle, Mary quickly moved to take it from her before it fell from her shaky hands.

"I shall bring in some tea and biscuits my Lady" Mary said holding the bottle she quickly disappeared.

Y/n sighed rubbing her forehead she laid back down closing her eyes.

"Hello Mary" Tommy said from the hallways, Y/n felt his voice run through her almost lighting a fire, she was too drunk for this.

Moving towards the backstairs she made her way to the kitchen already seeing a plate.

"Here you are Lady" the Chef said, concern written over his face, knowing it had been like this for months but this was the most drunk he had seen her.

"Thank you" Y/n whispered eating the food quietly, downing the water beside it.