Chapter 54 Bucky

Y/n groaned placing her heavy mission bags down in the gym, covered in dirt and blood.
She moved under the warm shower making sure to get rid of the mud pulling on her swimsuit, she walked towards the hot tub getting in with a painful grunt, tears making there way down her exhausted face, the chlorine and salt stinging her red skin, but relaxing her sore bones.

"What a shitty day" Y/n whispered looking up towards the clock it read 2 am, sighing she put her head back taking a deep breath.

"What? Y/n?" Bucky asked from the doorway to the swimming area, she looked up seeing the glint of his arm in the dark lighting.

"Hey James" she said putting her head back again.

"When did you get back?" He asked softly moving towards her, she noticed the dark shadow of his usual gym shirt and shorts.

"Hour and half ago, was gonna head to bed but I know I wouldn't be able to sleep, had a quick shower...if you couldn't tell by my gear in the locker room, got a bit dirty" Y/n mumbled seeing a small nod.

"Want me to put the lights on?" Bucky asked softly.

"No, no thank you though I can turn them up a little" Y/n said quickly, he nodded sitting on the steps beside the hot tub, his body beside hers.

"Jarvis? Could you turn the lights up a little please" Y/n said.

"Certainly Y/n" Jarvis said the lights brightened only slightly but this time they could both make out the features of eachothers others bodies.

Bucky looked exhausted, sweat dripping down his forehead, his hair damp, eyes dark.

"Not sleeping well?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah, you know just some nightmares" Bucky mumbled she nodded, taking his hand lightly she kissed it, feeling her split lip on his skin.

"Jarvis turn the lights up" Bucky said quickly, his hand moving to her bruised cheek seeing the damage of her mission.

Y/n's name leaving his lips as he moved closer trying to look at every point of hurt and damage.

"I'm alright Bucky" she said placing her head back again he saw the dark hand prints on her neck, letting go of her hand, he kicked off his shoes pulling off his shirt and shorts getting in, boxers hugging his hips.

"Come here" he said softly, eyes opening as he held out his arms, she moved towards him, he pulled her to stand seeing large road skid marks on her back and legs.

"Fell out of a moving car" she said quietly.

"Jumped" Bucky corrected Y/n shrugged as he sat down, she moved to sit beside him resting her hot bruised face on his vibranium arm comforted by the coldness.

"Jarvis lights down please" Bucky said brushing her hair back lightly.

"You okay?" Bucky asked quietly, her eyes opening.

"Just tired" Y/n whispered, Bucky nodded knowing it wasn't just that.

"Have you eaten yet? We can go get some food?" He asked, she sat up.

"No haven't eaten yet, definitely could though" Y/n said he nodded taking her hand they got out as he saw the full extent of her wounds pulling a towel round her body, blood quickly seeped into the towel.

"I have extra clothes in my locker" Bucky said pulling two pairs of clothes out he handed her one, she thanked him moving towards the shower again hearing her whimpers.

"I can go wake one of the medics up?" Bucky asked.

"No, it's alright just...fuck, can you just help me pull the shirt over?" She asked he nodded moving towards her.

Carefully pulling the shirt down her now dried body.

"Don't think you're bleeding anymore" Bucky said softly she nodded moving with him outside their feet bare as they headed for the living in building.

"What you doing tinman?" Tony asked from the sofa his arm over his eyes.

"Just went to the gym couldn't sleep" Bucky said quickly.

"Nice to have you back Y/n, hope the mission went well" Tony said finally looking up seeing her face he stood.

"Yeah, I'll do the report tomorrow" Y/n said as he moved towards her stopping right in front of her.

"I can wake someone up?" Tony asked, she shook her head.

"I'm alright, James has already promised me some food and a movie thank you though" she said walking away towards the kitchen.

"I'll take care of her" Bucky said, Tony looked up at him nodding he watched them go turning back towards the elevator heading for bed.

"So what do you want? Leftover pasta, we can order something in?" Bucky concluded.

"I don't mind you can pick" Y/n said pulling out a stool she pulled herself up painfully, he nodded moving towards his phone.

"How's pizza?" He asked softly, she only nodded.

"Or there is this really cool dessert place?" Bucky asked.

"I'm voting the dessert place" she said he smiled ordering what they both wanted.

"Thank god for places that are 24hrs" Y/n said Bucky chuckled sitting beside her.

"Want to talk about what happened?" Bucky asked softly, Y/n shrugged eventually nodding.

"It was supposed to be a quick in and out, there were over 20 people waiting for me. I'm a spy I can get into places quietly and leave them quietly, unfortunately I couldn't do either thanks to my equipment malfunctioning sending me down 8 feet on a slab of concrete, in seconds I was hooked up to a car by my ankle and dragged around this garage." Y/n explained Bucky's eyes widened.

"Car stopped after I started leaving too much blood on the concrete, picked me up I started fighting back got a couple down then got pummelled, went like that for another few minutes and I got what we needed and now I'm here" Y/n said Bucky nodded.

"You're gonna need to get checked out by medical at some point" Bucky said.

"That's tomorrow Y/n's problem after a couple tablets of Tony's good stuff I'll be right out" Y/n said moving towards the medicine cabinet, she pulled out a bottle of tramadol.

"Oh baby, how I have missed you" she said taking out 3 and swigging them back with some apple juice from the fridge.

"That's called overusing drugs that aren't even yours" Bucky stated, she smiled sitting beside him again.

"What have I missed since I've been gone?" She asked resting her chin on her hand.

"Nothing really, Wanda and Vision were here, now they aren't, Steve and Sam have been training pretty much everyday. Tony's hardly been here, Natasha, Bruce and Clint I have no clue" Bucky shrugged.

"I go away for a week and nothing of significance happens, I'm fairly disappointed." She stated he smiled as they moved towards the living room getting comfy.

Bucky moved towards the door once it had gone off, walking in with the food boxes, he places hers on her lap while he took his sitting beside her they ate while watching a film.

Bucky put the boxes back into the kitchen.
"Bed?" Y/n mumbled, Bucky looked at her nodding.

"Want to sleep in my room?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah sure why not, can't be bothered going up another two floors" Y/n said he nodded grabbing her bags they walked towards the elevator heading for his bedroom he placed them near his closet pulling off his shirt and got into bed relaxing into the warm sheets.

"Oh a bed how lovely" she whispered cuddling into the blankets and pillows and finally Bucky moving closer to him.

"Thank you for keeping me company" Y/n said he looked down at her seeing her bruised and tired face.

"I'll always be here for you" he said softly kissing the top of her head, they both got comfy falling asleep.