"I do like that idea. Death row?" I wink at Maggie.

"No, Vanessa is right. He's got a point." My stomach flip flops hearing Daryl's voice uttering my name. Feeling his eyes bore into me, I make a point to keep my eyes on my level.

"This is all you. You started this." Maggie accuses Merle.

"What difference whose fault it is?" Beth shouts, looking between her sister, Merle, and I. "What do we do?" 

"I said we should leave. Now Axel's dead. We can't just sit here...  Get back here." Hershel now stands, stalking towards Rick who is walking away. Growing agitated, "you're slipping, Rick. We've all seen it. We understand why. But now is not the time. You once said this isn't a democracy. Now you have to own up to that. I put my family's life in your hands. So, get your head clear and do something."

Still ignoring the older man, Rick reaches the door, leaving us all behind.

I shake my head, turning to Kelly. "I can't imagine what he's going through, but he can't keep making reckless choices." I start the trek up the stairs, heading to my cell. I should really consider moving into a lower cell while I heal.

I bump into Daryl as soon my feet hit the top of the perch. For a second our eyes lock. I look down, shoving past him. He grabs my arm, "Vanessa... I'm-"

Red clouds my vision, I push him back, throwing a water bottle in his face. The second he's distracted; my fist connects to his nose. "Don't you ever fucking touch me, again, Dixon." Venom in my tone, I punch him a second time for good measure. I watch as his face twists to the other side on impact.

Charlee drags me back, as Kelly rushes up the stairs. Everyone around us tenses at the sudden fight between Daryl and me. "Hey hey! Ness! No!" Charlee scolds. She positions herself between us.

"Stupid bitch." He mutters, realizing I embarrassed him in front of his own blood. Bringing his hand to his face, he begins to hustle by the three of us.

"You want to share that with the rest of the class?" I snarl at him.

He rounds on me, "yeah, I said you ain't nothing but a stupid bitch."

"I don't know who you are, but from what I heard, your brother is the reason she almost died this time. I think it's best you stay the fuck away from her and my sister from now on." Kelly comes to stand in front of him, staring him down, unflinching.

Daryl's eyes scrutinize Kelly, "Man, why don't ya three just fuckin' leave!" He spits.

"Like you did." I cross my arms. "Maybe once I'm healed, we will leave. How does that sound, guys?" They nod, eyes not leaving the redneck in front of us. "What do ya say Hershel?" I call over my shoulder, "I can be gone in a few days, right? I'll be counting down the days until you're out of my life. You and that dumbass brother of yours. Good for nothing 'My Name Is Earl' reject." I narrow my eyes, as his mouth falls agape. "I didn't sign up to live with someone who almost fucking murdered me."

"Good, you should've kept on walkin' that day! Three less mouths to feed." His words reach my ears as I stalk into my cellblock.

Spinning around, "say it to my face, Dixon. Not my fucking back like a coward. That's twice now. Scared of a woman my size, just like your brother?" Raising my chin. I gesture to Kelly that it's okay. "He had to tie me up 'cause I had him pissing his pants."

He saunters up to me, peering down at me. "Shane was right. You shoulda stayed gone. Instead, here you are, still runnin' your mouth like you ain't gotta a care in the world. That's why you got raped and kidnapped. Maybe if you actually had some brains you would've gotten out."