Chapter 14

Chapter 14

<A/N: This chapter contains some homophobic content>

Avery

Visiting my mom's grave has always brought me peace. I miss her so much, and even though she's gone now, being there makes me feel like she's still with me.

It's been a long day though, and I'm looking forward to taking a long bath when I get home. I'm not really hungry even, just tired from the long day and having transferred between several busses so many times both getting there and back.

"Well, well, well, would you look what we have here." A voice coming out of the darkness startles me, sending shivers down my spine. It took a moment, but I recognized Clay's voice.

Why can't these three just leave me alone?

"Hey little faggot; we have a bone to pick with you. Your boyfriend caused us some trouble and we're here for payback." Clay spat out.

How did they find out where I live? I'm too far away from the building to make a run for it; they would easily catch me before I had a chance to key in the passcode to the building and get inside.

"Don't you guys ever take any responsibility for your own problems?" I foolishly replied. My damn mouth doesn't know when to shut up... that slipped out before I could stop myself.

"You guys attacked him first, and you were threatening me before he even showed up. If you would just stop bothering other people you wouldn't have gotten the fight in the first place. You started it."

If I'm going to get beaten anyway, I may as well mouth off and get my feelings out in the open finally. I'm just too tired tonight to care.

"Watch your mouth you disgusting little faggot." Dave yelled at me. "People like you are a stain on society and should be in hell where you belong, not out here corrupting decent people."

He shoved me to the ground, then swung his leg and kicked me in the stomach. I curled up into a ball, the wind knocked out of me, gasping to get my breath back.

Just as he drew his leg back to kick me again, a deep growl burst from the park across the street. A large animal stood in the shadows; it looked like a very large dog standing there growling at us. All three of my bullies stood there gawking at the animal as it suddenly started barking aggressively and made a short lunge in our direction. The three of them yelped and bolted towards an old beat-up pickup truck, jumped in and then raced off down the road.

I was left there by myself, struggling to get up, which I finally managed to do after catching my breath. I Looked across the street at the animal and could tell that it was a wolf and not a dog. I had no idea that wolves could bark; that was interesting. He stayed in the shadows until I was on my feet, then went behind a tree, stepping out a minute later in human form, wearing a pair of shorts. I recognized him as one of the men who came to collect the bodies of the wolves Pete had killed that day, along with the small wolf he had called an "Omega". I couldn't recall his name though, but I was grateful to him for saving me from a worse beating.

Teagan

I was out patrolling the new territory we had added to our lands after the incident with Pete and the rogues. Alpha Andrew met with the town's leaders about expanding the territory to include the forests surrounding this newer area. The town had grown quite a lot since the original agreement between the pack and town's leaders. It made sense to expand the territory to include the new developments, especially since rogues had been in the area; this way, we could also patrol the area in order to keep the rogues out. So, with the agreement of the town's leaders, we had expanded; thus, I was out on patrol nearby.