Chapter 8

Alpha Not - Chapter 8

Avery

I've been dating Pete for four months now and the more I get to know him, the more I like him. Nobody I'd ever dated before treated me half as well as he does. He's kind, generous and very caring. He even holds my hand when we're out in public together. None of the men I dated before him were willing to do that. People have made a few comments now and then, but one look from Pete and the haters slink off with their tails, figuratively speaking, between their legs. Pete is a big man, and it's obvious that he works out a lot. None of those people want to get in a fight with him.

When he found out how much I love Pasta alla Carbonara, he started taking me to a small Italian restaurant that makes a carbonara to die for! The owner of the restaurant, Nicholas Pescari,

 seems to know Pete and always makes the portions extra-large for us. I always end up taking half of it home because I can't eat all of it, but that's cool, I get a second portion of my favorite dish to eat later. Pete always finishes his meal there though, it's amazing how much he eats. I guess working out as much as he does, burns a lot of calories.

Tonight, he's dropping me off at my apartment after another spectacular date. We had dinner and walked around all the shops downtown, him holding my hand the entire time. We laughed and talked about anything and everything. It's so easy to be around him, like we've known each other for a lot longer than the few months we've been dating. Being with Pete is very comfortable, I'm still pinching myself to make sure it's real.

"Do you want to come up for a cup of coffee?" I worked up my courage to ask, suddenly shy. I want him to come up, but I'm nervous about it too. So far, we haven't done more than some heavy make out sessions. It's like he doesn't want to push me too fast; maybe I want to be pushed?

My heart flutters whenever he looks at me and I want to take our relationship to the next level. I'm nervous as hell right now and I'm pretty sure he can tell. I have always been bad at keeping my emotions off my face.

"I'd like that," he smiles, looking down into my eyes.

Oh God, my face turns cherry red as I look back at him. He takes my hand and leads me up to my apartment building since my feet seem to have been glued to the ground all of a sudden. I punch in the code for the building, and we take the stairs up to the 4th floor; this building doesn't have an elevator; there are only four floors anyway. The top floor is all smaller studio apartments, and the three floors below are basically set up for families.

"Shit", I only have decaf since I don't like the caffeine - I should have thought about that before I asked if he wanted coffee. He says he doesn't mind, so I make us both a cup of decaf and add 2 sugars and cream to mine. Pete tells me that he takes his black with no sugar. That's way to bitter for me. I sit next to him on a stool at the low bar that separates my kitchenette from the rest of the space. I don't have a table since the studio is too small for one, I just eat at the counter.

Once we've finished our coffee, I again take the initiative, which is completely out of character for me, and I ask him if he'd like to spend the night.

He leans close to me, his lips only inches from mine, and whispers: "I'd like that very much. Are you sure about this though? I'm willing to wait until you're ready if you need more time."

"I'm sure," I answer back, taking his hand and leading him over to my bed in the far corner of the room.

I point to the bathroom and tell him that there's a spare toothbrush in the top drawer of the cabinet. When he's finished in there, I take my turn. It takes me a little longer since I have to prepare myself; I want tonight to go perfectly.

I'm nervous because I don't want Pete to think that I will jump into bed with anybody, but I really want tonight to be something to remember for a long time. I hope that this relationship will develop into something long term. I really like him; more than I've liked anyone before.

---

I awoke the following morning curled up on my side with a strong arm wrapped around my waist. It took me a moment of groggy thought before I remembered what had happened after I climbed into my bed next to Pete the night before. Then I felt a smile appear on my lips at the memory. Wow. It had to have been the best night of my life. Ever. Pete was insatiable and he really knew how to light my fire. I snuggled deeper into his embrace, and he pressed his lips against my bare shoulder.

"How are you feeling this morning?" He asked. "I hope I wasn't too rough on you last night."

"I'm good." I replied, another soft smile gracing my lips. None of my previous boyfriends had bothered asking about my well-being on the morning after. It was sweet of him. "I'm a little sore, I think, but it's not bad and it was definitely worth it."

I wiggled myself around in his arms so that my face rested against his broad chest. Looking up into his eyes, I smiled at him and ran my fingers through the hair on his chest and then down the arm that was still wrapped around my waist. It was comfortable lying here next to him, his warmth keeping the morning chill away.

"I had a good time last night. I'm glad you stayed," I told him.

"Would you like some breakfast? I make a pretty good omelet if I do say so myself." I grinned up at him, then slid, reluctantly, out of his embrace into the chilly morning air in my apartment. "Why don't you take a shower while I whip up something to eat?"

"That sounds great." He smiled back at me as he slid himself out of the bed and started picking up his clothes before heading into the bathroom.

"I'm sorry I don't have anything you can wear here." I told him, ogling his sexy ass as he bent over for another piece of his scattered clothing. I can hardly believe that this hunk is even interested in a scrawny guy like me. We're complete opposites in the body department; his is strong, muscular and unbelievably sexy; mine is not much more than skin and bones - though my ass is nice, if I do say so myself. I've always been proud of how my ass looks in my jeans.

"That's okay," he said. "I'll just change when I get home; besides, I'm kind of relieved that you don't have any spare clothes that would fit me. That way, there's nothing for me to be jealous about." Then he winked at me before closing the bathroom door. A minute later I hear the shower turn on as I make my way over to the kitchenette.

I cut up some ham, green bell peppers, onions and cheese as I whip some eggs, milk and a pinch of salt and pepper together. I sauté the veggies and ham, then add the eggs to the mix. A lot of people make the eggs then simply put the other things in the folded over omelet, but I like to cook them right into the eggs and have the cheese in the middle by itself. I throw some bread into the toaster as everything else is cooking.

"That smells good," Pete exclaims, coming out of the bathroom dressed in the clothes he'd been wearing the night before (there really was no helping that though) and seating himself at the counter.

"Would you like coffee or juice?" I asked.

"Coffee is fine, thanks." He answered back.

I plated the omelets and toast, setting both plates on the counter. Poured him a cup of coffee and orange juice for myself then sat down beside him to enjoy breakfast together before we both had to head out for the day.