Chapter 3

Chapter 3

<A/N: Brief mention of rape in this chapter.>

Pete

I've been talking to my therapist, Elliott, about how I got so fucked up back at my old pack. It's hard to talk about all of the things I did, but it's something that I have to accept responsibility for doing. It's odd that I'm worried about him looking at me like I'm a monster as I relate all that I did; everyone already knows the details anyway. It came out at the council and it would surprise me if the whole werewolf world didn't already know all the gory details.

<Flashback>

<A/N: The rest of this chapter is Pete relating his past and thoughts to the therapist. There is a brief mention of rape.>

For as long as I could remember, my father, the Alpha of White River pack, drilled into me the importance of the Alpha being seen as strong and being respected by his pack. Through daily training in the duties of being an Alpha as well as the physical training of being a warrior and fighter, I was taught how to lead my pack when the time came. My own personal goal was to be the best leader of my pack that I could be when I took over from my father.

Somewhere in all that training I picked up the notion that in order to be a good, strong Alpha, I needed a good, strong Luna by my side. I expected that the Goddess was going to provide me with a strong female who would lead the pack alongside me and provide me with an heir as well. At the very least, I thought that she would be of Beta rank.

Like any other werewolf, I had looked forward to meeting my mate when I reached my 18th birthday and took over the pack. On that day, though, my mate didn't appear. Over the next few years when my mate still failed to appear, I began to think that she never would. I had given up on the hope that I would ever meet my mate. So it came as a complete shock on that day when I began the pack meeting to notify everyone about the rogues that had been spotted snooping around the borders of the pack's territory, that all of a sudden I caught the most wonderful scent I had ever smelled. It was a combination of cinnamon and lavender, such a fresh and alluring scent like nothing I had ever imagined.  

Both Levi and I realized that we were finally going to meet our mate; she was in the crowd. The woman I had waited for all those long years was finally here. Together we would lead this pack to greatness. With a strong Luna to stand by my side we would be the greatest combination ever. That was the image in my mind as I stood on that platform and rushed through the meeting. As soon as I could, I jumped from the stage and raced through the crowd searching for her. I couldn't wait to meet the woman the Goddess had created just for me.

Imagine the shock that swept through my mind to find that my mate was none other than Jaxon Archer, the son of one of my scouts. The son! And an Omega as well. Small and weak; the complete opposite of the image I had carried in my mind. And a male! Don't get me wrong, I had nothing against the gay members of my pack, but there was no way I was gay. Being gay, in my mind, was the complete opposite of strong. Sure there had been times when I had noticed one of the warriors of the pack after working out all day, but that didn't make me gay; it was simple admiration for their strength.

Unlike those times admiring a warrior for his strength, the incredibly delicious scent coming from the small Omega in front of me was driving me insane with desire. I was furious that I felt my pants tighten as my cock swelled to full mast, over this weak, tiny male. My arousal was obvious to everyone present but Levi didn't seem to care about that and wanted me to grab him, carry him up to our room and mate with him right then.