Chapter 5

Chapter 5 

Pete

"I think you're ready to move on now, Pete." Alpha Andrew informed me; we were meeting in his office. "What I mean is that I think you're ready to start getting out into the city and interacting with others who aren't part of the pack."

"Elliott tells me that he thinks you're ready to move on from the past now too, and I have a position that recently opened at my advertising agency in town. I need a new manager for the agency because the previous manager retired, and I think you would be the ideal person for the position.   What do you think about that? Would you be interested in running an advertising agency?"

"Yes sir." I reply, intrigued by the offer. "Elliott and I have discussed this in my sessions, and I'd like to start contributing something to the pack, even though I no longer have a wolf, he pointed out that I'll always be a werewolf; I still have the Alpha genes and any children I might have would inherit them. I'm just a werewolf without a wolf."

"Glad to hear that." The Alpha replies. "I need someone at the agency with a strong leadership background. Your training and time as the Alpha of your old pack is the exact type of leadership that I need to run the agency. I believe that you'll be a good fit there. There are currently five employees and they're all human; but all of them have mates in the pack so they know all about us, which means you won't have to worry about keeping the pack a secret."

We spent the rest of the afternoon discussing the agency, its clients, what his goals for the agency are and the capabilities of each of the employees. For a small agency, it has some big clients that I would have expected would use a larger agency. One of their new clients was a small hotel chain that was looking to attract people from out of the area for various tourist excursions in the area. There are a surprising number of tourist attractions in the area; a lot of them are fishing excursions. Most of them are places I've never heard of; although since I am not a fisherman, I wouldn't have paid attention to them even if I had.

We agreed that I would start the following Monday and Teagan, the pack's Beta, would introduce me to the staff since Alpha Andrew had to be away for council business. Teagan is one of the people I've been training with since the Alpha started dragging me out of my room. He, along with Jarvis, the pack's head doctor, have become two of my best friends in the pack. Having Teagan introduce me to the staff calms my nerves a little, not that I have much to be nervous about. It's just that I have never had a human-type job before. This will be a first for me.

---

Working at the agency has turned out to be an ideal job for me. In the few months since I started working here everything has been going well. The other people who work at the agency accepted me as one of their own right away, and the two women in the group, Sandra and Tanya, have more-or-less taken me under their wing. They're in their mid 40's and their mates also work at various businesses here in town. This is one of the ways each pack member contributes differently to the pack since not everyone can be a warrior.

Those who work in places like this help provide a needed cash flow for the pack as a whole. The business itself brings in a lot of money, but the money earned by pack members is often spent among the pack. They pay for various things like childcare, patrols, and the like.

These last few weeks have been hectic due to a new contract we signed with a hotel chain that built a hotel in town and are anxious for its opening. The advertising will focus on local events and activities that travelers to the area can enjoy while staying at their hotel. They'll be aired nationwide so the project is very important to both the chain and our agency. The team worked overtime, nights and weekends to pull the ad together.

Today was spent meeting with the executives from the hotel and they've approved the ad campaign and will begin running the ads over the next several months. Working on this project has been both exhausting and rewarding. The whole team put in long hours on the project; they're all skilled at what they do, and the ads turned out extremely good. Every one of us feels a sense of accomplishment at a job well done.

Since it's Friday and the team has worked so hard, I sent them home to their families after the meetings were over for some well-earned time off. I am finishing up some paperwork for the project and tying up a few loose ends and then I'll be taking the rest of the day off myself. It's past lunch time and my stomach is reminding me that I haven't eaten anything this morning.

Sandra has gotten me hooked on lunches from a small diner down the road. The food is really good, though it seems most of their clientele order it to take out. I've never been there yet myself; Sandra always picks something up for me when she and Tanya go out for lunch. Since I've sent them home, and I'm in the mood for some of the deli's soup; it's delicious, I think I'll head on over and get my own lunch today. I can bring it back to the office and eat while I finish up before calling it a day myself.