Flying Knives, Goodbyes and Sarahs in Disguise

WEEK 48

Prompt:

"He hadn't meant to kill her."

TW/ multiple "deaths" and violence, cheating, returning evil dynasties, endless narratives and sleep-deprived editing.

><><><><

It was his emotions that caused it; a terrible, emotional, accident. How could you blame him when he did his best? He tried, and tried until he was too weak to hide his dark side. Everyone is a moon, with a dark side they never show anyone. But her family were here to confront him now. There was tension building, and scattered whisperings in the walls. He just stared at her family as his mind went numb, his mouth went dry.

What have you done, Casper?

And why did you pretend to be Sarah? another voice in his head chipped in. He sat on the floor, utterly confused by his own thoughts but shook them off. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"I wonder who it is," Casper mumbled to himself, standing up. He edged towards the door and carefully grasped the knob turning it.

"Lea?" Casper gasped, shocked to see his past lover. He stared at her, as it had been a while since they'd seen each other. He wondered if they were even a couple anymore after he'd caught her with another man.

"Did you just kill my sister?" Lea questioned, pulling out a dagger. Casper backed away, looking for something to defend himself as Lea seemed primed to kill him.

"I- I..." he stuttered, eyes darting left and right across the room, searching for a potential shield or weapon. But it was too late; the weapon flew across the room, stabbing him in the chest. Casper's eyes widened at the sudden force, but the knife had failed to injure him due to the reading book he kept in his pocket. He sighed in relief, knowing that he'd get to live another day.

"Why won't you just die?" Lea sighed, taking out a rifle.

"Lea, calm down for a second and let me explain!" Casper shouted, using his powers to disarm her and pin her to the wall. He pulled the knife out of his favourite book and gripped the handle as he stalked over to Lea.

"One pretty lady stuck on the wall~" Casper said in a sing-song voice, his eyes glowing a dangerous red hue. In that moment, an ominous aura rose up around Casper and another form emerged— one so much more terrifying that Lea began trembling helplessly at its mercy.

"Aww, aren't you just adorable?" The deathly sick note in its voice made Lea flinch away. Before she knew it, the figure started getting bigger in size.

"C-Casper?" She asked, unsure if the man who stood before her was truly Casper himself.

"Casper is no longer here," came the raspy voice, with a smile. The rest of Lea's family members at the other side of the room made squeaking noises at the sight. "Quiet, gremlins!" The man who'd taken over Casper's body demanded.

Once they toned down, the unknown man turned his attention back to Lea, who flinched at the way he looked at her. "Now where were we?" he asked. The figure used the blade to lift her chin, forcing her to look him in the eyes. She glared back defiantly, her trembling voice full of rage.

"You... killed my sister."

"Only because she killed me all those years ago— now she's suffered the same fate as I and is cursed to roam this Earth as a demon!" he spat bitterly.

"Killed you? What are you talking about..?"

The man only chuckled at first, followed by an eruption of hysterical laughter. "Oh, Lea... my pretty little Lea..." he trailed off, emphasizing the last four words.